Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Head of Section (Director) - IFS IT Business Services and Change (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Prague, Cork, Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Fields of activity
- The IFS IT Department delivers technology to support the Investment Fund Solutions (IFS) business in providing Clearstream’s services across all fund types, from mutual funds to exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and alternative funds.
- Within the IFS IT Department there are three sections. One of these is the IFS IT Business Services and Change Section and the Head of this will partner very closely with Sales, Product, and Operations at the heart of the IFS 2025 vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- This section will oversee and be responsible for delivering all Programme, project and change delivery within IFS IT including the Functional Analysts, Project Managers, PMO, Service Delivery Management and Post Merger.
- With 5 direct reports this team of 16 staff provides a multi-jurisdictional composition including Luxemburg, Prague, and Cork.
- This position will be ideally based in Luxembourg but could be based in Cork (Ireland) or Prague (Czech Republic). This position reports to the Head of Department IFS IT.
- Provide management and leadership, to the IFS IT Business Services & Change Team consisting of Business Analysts, PMs, PMO and IT Service Mgt staff
- Support the Clearstream growth agenda through strategic input and successful project delivery
- Partner with Senior Management to ensure effective change and service management across the organization.
- Direct the activities of the Section and determine how team resources should be allocated across projects.
- Provide strong and effective support to country, regional, and program management teams.
- Ensure that project implementation is responsive to business needs and aligned with our core values, strategic plan and guiding principles.
- Guide efficient and effective project start-up and close-down mechanisms.
- Embrace the Post Trade IT Strategy and agenda and be a key contributor in its evolution
- Track project annual budgets and forecasts while working with Project Managers to explain variance and propose and take steps for programmatic course corrections when necessary. Review Monthly Project Reports to ensure strong monthly financial oversight.
- Create a work atmosphere conducive to professional growth and development of excellent personnel at all levels.
- Promote accountability by conducting staff annual performance reviews with direct reports and ensuring that all staff members are effectively using the performance planning and management system.
- University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related
- At least 6 years in Senior Project Management roles including direct responsibility for managing Project Managers cross locations
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills at all levels
- Critical thinking including ability to identify problems and propose effective solutions
- Ability to take decisions and to adapt quickly in a dynamic and fast-changing environment,
- Solid organizational skills, ability to delegate and work well under pressure
- Accuracy, ability to fulfil up-to-date knowledge requirements and take responsibility
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, knowledge of Microsoft Project and deeper knowledge of CA Clarity tool and SAP is an advantage
- SUMMIT methodology knowledge is an asset
- Fluent in English mandatory . Any other language is an asset especially French/German/Czech
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.