Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Head of Section - IFS IT Head of Shared Services
Clearstream Global Securities Services Ltd. • Prague, Cork, Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
- The IFS IT Department delivers technology to support the Investment Fund Solutions (IFS) business in providing Clearstream’s services across all fund types, from mutual funds to exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and alternative funds.
- Within the IFS IT Department there are three sections. One of these is the IFS IT Shared Services Section and the Head of this will oversee core capabilities, shared applications, shared functions promoting re-use, best practice, and centres of excellence (e.g. InfoSec, Testing) across IFS IT (aligned appropriately in to Post Trade IT)
- This includes evolution of concepts such as Shared portals, Data Services, Application Engineering, Controls and Assurance, Testing, and Micro Services
- With a growth agenda that initially sees 3 direct reports this team provides a multi-jurisdictional composition including Luxemburg, Prague, and Cork
- Provide management and leadership, to the IFS IT Shared Services Team consisting of Application Engineering, QA Testing and Controls and Assurance
- Ensure application deployment architectures and build quality are in line with Service Levels and IT Policy
- Lead the QA Testing Team in meeting application change quality criteria
- Oversee the Controls and Assurance team in ensuring IFS IT is operating in line with Group operating procedures
- Direct the activities of the Section and determine how team resources should be allocated across projects
- Develop and manage relationships with relevant stakeholders and their respective requests for analysis
- Provide strong and effective support to country, regional, and program management teams
- Create a work atmosphere conducive to professional growth and development of excellent personnel at all levels
- Promote accountability by conducting staff annual performance reviews with direct supervisees, and ensuring that all staff members are effectively using the performance planning and management system
- University degree or equivalent (Level 8)
- At least 6 years in Senior Application Management roles including line management
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- An ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- An ability to work and produce good results under pressure within a team environment
- Fluent in English mandatory
- Open-minded, willing to learn, active, highly organized, personality with attention to detail
- Accuracy, ability to fulfil up-to-date knowledge requirements and take responsibility
- Critical thinking including ability to identify problems and propose effective solutions
- Ability to work on more tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and report issues/delays
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.