Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Head of Section Securities Clearing Implementation - Clearing & Risk IT (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Securities Clearing Implementation is part of Clearing & Risk IT and is responsible for developing and maintaining applications running mainly clearinghouse services from ECAG for the Frankfurter Wertpapierbörse (FWB) and Eurex Repo. Therefore, our services are designed to support a critical market infrastructure and must meet a number of regulatory standards and provide operational stability whilst keeping up with technology innovation. Securities Clearing Implementation is currently working on a technology transformation of the current legacy securities clearing IT landscape into a cloud-ready service architecture, which enables an efficient, sustainable, and safe IT execution of the business roadmap.
We are looking for an inspiring person to lead the Securities Clearing Implementation team for the Clearing & Risk IT department. You are dedicated to your team and your team’s success, and you are a role model in a team of junior and senior talents with diversity in experience, background, and locations. You can expect challenging tasks, a very interesting working environment and an intense learning experience in an exciting industry.
You are responsible for leading the teams for specification and application development. As part of your role, you will finalize the ongoing transition from the Open VMS infrastructure to cloud-ready, containerized infrastructure based on Red Hat® OpenShift®. In addition, IT Security is a central pillar for our business model. Hence, confidentiality, availability, authenticity, and integrity of our data is one of your top priorities. You will be expected to report regularly on the applications’ availability and performance as well as project status to DBAG senior management and Eurex Clearing Board level.
The perfect candidate for this role will have a “can do” positive attitude, model cultural transformation by embracing and encompassing diversity & inclusion. Bring your curiosity and interest in life-long learning to all situations, mixed with a great sense of humor to diffuse challenging situations.
- Be responsible for managing distributed teams for specification, application development and test of the securities clearing systems (60+ internal and external team members).
- Ensure maintenance and on-call support as agreed with the business side for the sake of stable operations according to SLAs and respective KPIs.
- Deliver software changes in a reliable and transparent manner, in scope, time and budget. Align with project managers, peers from Clearing & Risk IT, neighbouring IT teams as well as IT Operations and control functions proactively where required.
- Understand the IT and business roadmaps, transport understanding to the team and translate into actions on team level.
- Foster an environment of pro-active communication, inclusion rather than exclusion, regular self-assessment and continuous improvement
- Work actively on teams’ and team members’ personal development, making an effective contribution to increase the team’s diversity.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of applicable regulations and high awareness for the importance of information security in the team.
- Report Core Application System Performance, Change Status and Issues with respective solution proposal to Clearing & Risk IT Leadership and Eurex Clearing Senior Management regularly and in appropriate form.
- Maintain relationships to all Securities Clearing stakeholders incl. but not limited to Clearing Design & Delivery, Cash Market Business Development, Xetra/Eurex Trading IT, Eurex Product Development & Strategy, IT Operations and Control functions
- Occasional trips to Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o DBSS in Prague.
- Well-developed Leadership Skills, experience in managing international teams
- Solid experience with reporting to senior management
- University Degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Quantitative Economics or similar)
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, proactive communication, continuously self-assessing
- Hands on experience with state-of-the-art technology stacks (Microservices Architectures, Red Hat® OpenShift®, Cloud Technologies)
- Solid experience in the IT of a financial market infrastructure provider, including e.g., SWIFT standards
- Extensive experience in financial markets and more specifically securities clearing systems, either on clearing house or CSD level
- High results orientation, reliability and setting high standards for quality of work products
- Experienced in the area of Audit and Compliance, familiar with MaRisk and EMIR regulations
- Experienced in Information Security initiatives for critical infrastructures (e.g., Cryptography, Privileged Access Management, Security Information and Event Management, Vulnerability Management)
- Business fluent in written and spoken English, German would be an advantage
Further information about the department:
Eurex Clearing AG (ECAG) is one of the leading central counterparties globally, assuring the safety and integrity of markets. We do this by providing innovation in risk management and clearing technology for a broad scope of products for 200 clearing members in 20 countries. Our success has been built on the development of reliable and innovative customer-focused technology, enabling us to become a market leader.
In Clearing & Risk IT app. 400 colleagues design, build and operate applications mainly for Eurex Clearing. We are passionate to innovate and further develop our existing IT landscape and exploring every day how to further improve. We are driven by new products, market and member requirements, user experience, performance, stable operations, and a high degree of Information Security and Compliance.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.