Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Head of Unit Core Specification - Risk IT (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Deutsche Börse Group is one of the leading global market infrastructure providers. Our group provides trading, clearing, settlement, market data distribution and other services for a broad range of asset classes (securities, derivatives, FX…).
In Risk (a semi-independent Product of Deutsche Börse) we focus on making Eurex Clearing the industry leader in Risk Services / CCP Risk Management and to support the growth into new products and markets. We are at the heart of the Deutsche Börse Group’s market infrastructure offering and of utter importance for the stability of the global financial market.
We foster a culture of high standards, freedom, and responsibility. We encourage ownership and trust and have a strong belief in developing talent.
Your area of work:
As Head of Unit Core Specification - Risk IT (f/m/d), you are leading a team of IT business analysts in Prague.
The Core Specification Unit is part of the Risk IT Core Services Section. The team analyzes business requirements to be implemented in the Risk IT Core applications. It translates business concepts and requirements into clear system specifications for the development and sub-sequent testing. Current major applications covered are Prisma (core application for margining) and Market Data Hub (core application for Eurex settlement price determination). In the future, core risk and pricing applications developed in the R7 / PMDS project will be covered.
As a line manager you foster our team culture and make people management an integral part of your agenda. You actively work on your team’s and team member’s personal development, you propose development measures to keep the team updated on latest trends and you create visibility for talents in your team. Risk IT aims to provide an attractive environment to talents across backgrounds, nationalities, culture and gender. As part of the Risk IT Leadership team, you will make an effective contribution towards increasing the team’s diversity.
With your responsibility to ensure fit for purpose solution design and specification you communicate and align with business stakeholders on their requirements as well as with stakeholders such as IT Project Managers, IT Software Development and Test Leads on dependencies, solution design, effort estimates and clarification of specified functionality for testing. In terms of reporting, you will regularly report on progress of solution design and specification and potential issues or design decisions to be taken in relevant status meetings and to the Risk IT Leadership Team.
- Act as first point of contact for business stakeholders on their requirements to Risk IT Core applications
- Report on the status of analysis and solution design in relevant status meetings
- Distribute and prioritize requirements to be analysed and specified to team members according to release assignments and priorities agreed with the stakeholders
- Actively steer the solution design, this includes bringing team members from Risk business and Risk IT side together to clarify requirements and agree and decide on solution options
- Closely align with the Risk IT Functional Architecture team lead on regular basis, especially on new requirements affecting Risk IT Core applications and early involvement of your team members
- Ensure that system specification documents are written, reviewed and signed in time, are of good quality and the solution design is aligned with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure provision of impact analysis of other system releases and changes on Risk IT Core applications
- Support strategic projects with analysts from your team and ensure that the respective capacity need for your team is included and agreed in the central capacity planning
- Contribute with your team to knowledge sharing about Risk IT Core applications (e.g. by extending Confluence pages) and organize knowledge sharing within your team
- Work actively on team’s and team members’ personal development, including measures for keeping the team updated on latest trends
- Make an effective contribution to provide an attractive environment to talents across backgrounds, nationalities, culture and gender and to increase the team’s diversity
- Understand the IT and business roadmap, transport understanding to the team and translate into actions on team level
- Degree in technical, quantitative / engineering, or business science / economics field
- Leadership experience
- Professional experience as IT-analyst or in financial markets / banking IT
- Solid experience with reporting to senior management
- Team player with excellent communication skills, naturally striving for inclusion rather than exclusion, creating transparency, proactive communication rather than passive response, continuously self-assessing High results orientation, reliability and setting high standards for quality of work products
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Czech would be a strong advantage
Preferred skills/qualifications – the following skills would be a plus:
- Knowledge in financial instruments, especially futures and options
- Knowledge in market risk and pricing models
- Experience in IT of financial market infrastructure provider
We would be happy to meet you and discuss what we are working on, and what we can offer you in terms of opportunities, benefits, and career prospects.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.