Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Head of Unit Financial Risk (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
The Financial Risk Team is responsible for the assessment, quantification and monitoring of financial risks of Deutsche Börse AG as well as on Deutsche Börse Group (DBG) level including all legal entities within DBG. The unit inter alia assumes responsibility for design, maintenance and progression of all quantitative models used to determine economic capital requirements for financial risk (especially credit risk and market risk) including the new asset class, the crypto currencies. The main goal is to assess and to monitor the financial risk profile of the entire Group.
As Head of Unit, you will be the functional team lead but also the main stakeholder within DBG on any financial risk-related topics, including supporting the effective and efficient risk management of financial risks for legal entities in scope of the group-wide financial risk models. You significantly contribute to DBG’s overall risk and crypto strategy and shape its way towards establishing a robust financial risk management framework in one of the largest financial market infrastructure providers.
- Lead the Financial Risk team, actively manage and develop team capabilities
- Take responsibility for the annual review of the risk inventory and associated materiality assessments in the economic perspective for all types of financial risks within DBG
- Based on your strong quantitative background and model design expertise, you steer and guide the team regarding methodology for financial risk drivers. This includes the development of frameworks for both adequate stress scenarios and rigorous back tests to continuously challenge a model’s performance
- You support the regular mid- and long-term corporate capital planning, perform ad hoc risk analysis, conduct regular parameter and assumption reviews. You drive model amendments due to changes in e.g. business strategy, market economics or regulatory landscape
- You coordinate regular and ad hoc tasks coming from multiple stakeholders. This includes supportive advisory, financial risk assessments and collaboration on broader risk management topics
- You have successfully completed a university degree in Mathematics, Physics, Business Administration/Economics, Risk Management or similar more quantitative fields. You quickly catch up on quantitative topics with regards to financial economics and on financial product/services levels
- You have several years of relevant professional experience in the financial industry, preferably in a risk control function within financial risk management. You’ve gained a well-founded and broad understanding of financial markets and the regulatory landscape
- You have demonstrated strong inter-personal and soft skills in previous projects/leadership roles. This makes you an efficient team player to lead as a role model for the team and enabling you to confidently collaborate and liaise with people across all levels of seniority and external supervisory authorities
- You are equipped with a high degree of organizational self-reliance and very good communication skills that shows proficiency in written and spoken English. German language skills are desirable
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.