Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Head of Unit Master Data Governance & Maintenance (f/m/d)
Clearstream Operations Prague s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of Activity
Finance Operations is part of the Financial Accounting & Controlling area of Deutsche Börse Group. Finance Operations is the central operational hub for core finance processes of all major legal entities of Deutsche Börse Group. Finance Operations covers P2P Accounting, General Ledger Accounting, Legal Entitity Closing and Statutory Reporting as well as Master Data Governance for appr. 70 legal entities especially in Germany and Luxembourg.
As Head of Unit Master Data Governance & Maintenance you will be working cross-functionally with business units of Financial Accounting &Controlling and other areas to ensure and contribute to the respective process definitions and process enhancements. You will be working to ensure a holistic view on Financial Accounting &Controlling owned Master Data’s of vendors, customers and products, correct maintenance and quality.
As part of the Finance Operations management team you will also be involved in business projects and strategic change projects. You will be reporting to the Head of Finance Operations based in Prague.
- Manage operational customer, vendor, bank and product master data maintenance including error handling and ad-hoc analysis
- Continuously provide input and expertise to develop the centralized MDM service portfolio by adding new concepts and technologies (Data cataloguing, glossaries, interfacing, lineage, management of master data API’s)
- Manage, develop and ensure quality and governance of all FA&C Master Data accompanied by clear documentation (Processes, Communication & Collaboration)
- Identify risks and issues regarding Master Data Model integrity and propose adaptations to Master Data Governance and related guidelines
- Consult Business units on implementation of master data governance processes and solutions within SAP MDG for all objects owned FAC domain
- Support development and coordination of migration tools / frameworks for standardized data transfer in the context of data governance initiative
- Consult in different projects like SAP Roadmap or M&A activities and assist on Master Data topics such as data migration, data cleansing, data governance and ultimately establish data stewardship
Qualification & Skills
- University degree in Economics or comparable qualification
- Relevant professional experience from billing or master data
- Experience in leading a master data team is an advantage
- Experience in logistics module of SAP/R3 (e.g. MM, SD), SAP CRM and/or SAP MDG is an advantage
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Fluent in written and spoken English; German or French is an advantage
- Good analytical skills, accuracy and technical affinity, good organizational skills & Strong communication skills
- Independent work and ability to define the priorities in daily tasks
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.