Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Head of Unit / Risk Management - NFR, MV, FR, CM (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Your area of work
Clearstream Risk Management (“CRM”) is responsible for measurement, controlling and reporting of operational, business and liquidity risks of the Clearstream Group. The CRM team (including the Head of Unit position described below) reports to the Chief Risk Officer of Clearstream.
- Responsible for the identification, measurement, monitoring and reporting on the non-financial risks which Clearstream may be exposed to and the risks that Clearstream poses to any other entities including its participants and their clients, as well as other financial parties and systems
- Responsible for the implementation, continued development and documentation of the Internal Control System framework
- Designing, developing and improving qualitative and quantitative frameworks for credit risk monitoring and control
- Managing and overseeing implementation and adherence to the established risk control indicators and measures
- Design and continuously improve financial risk models to assess credit, market and liquidity risks and independently perform risk assessments / data analytics to deliver insightful management information in support of senior management
- Conceptualize and execute internal training in order to raise awareness of management and all employees in order to strengthen Risk and Control awareness
- Create Model validation plan, define validation guidelines and develop appropriate quantitative and qualitative validation methods, review and challenge of the risk positions. Prepare and present result reports in support of senior management & committee and ensure regulatory submissions are provided in time and good quality
- Act as point of contact for regulators, customers and other stakeholders
- Actively manage the development of own skills as well as the skills of the existing team to support strategic direction and organizational setup of the Risk area
- Relevant university degree in the field of economics, business studies, legal / compliance or other relevant fields
- Proven track record in Operational Risk Management and ICS – with a focus on financial services/banking/financial market infrastructure providers
- Experience in Project and Change Management would be an advantage
- Very good knowledge of relevant regulation (e.g. CSSF 12/552, CSDR, etc.) and COSO, COBIT/ITIL frameworks
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, creativity, critical thinking, as well as ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proficiency in written and verbal English
- Very good command of MS Office
Duration: full-time contract
We look forward to receiving your CV and Cover Letter in English!
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Complementary health insurance
Your well-being and that of your family is important to us! We offer an optional supplementary healthcare scheme that complements your health insurance with the possibility to enrole family members, as well.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Benefit from tax optimisation: we offer you an interest subsidy on mortgage loans to optimise the tax on your premiums.
Our hybrid work model
personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we also offer our employees more flexibility regarding their workplace by giving the opportunity to work remotely for two days during the week. Please note that deviations to this model may arise - in addition to operational reasons - e. g. due to local regulation or legislation.
We support you in staying fit! We subsidise 6-month or annual memberships for the fitness or sports club of your choice.