Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Head of Unit - Securities Clearing Operations (f/m/d)
Clearstream Operations Prague s.r.o. • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your are of work:
The Clearing Delivery & Control area is responsible for the control and monitoring of operational Clearing house processes, change management, quality management and central master data maintenance for the electronic clearing and trading systems of Eurex Clearing AG, FWB and Eurex while considering market-relevant regulations. As part of Clearing Delivery & Control section, you will be familiar with the clearing and settlement processes of stock exchange and forward transactions.
In the role of Head of Securities Clearing Operations, you are responsible for running the team that ensures proper clearing of all trades of the globally connected trading systems across all cleared asset classes and financial products by operating and controlling the electronic securities clearing systems. Furthermore, you will provide functional support to all our clients and ensure an adequate and proper handling of the entire daily business procedures. You will be in charge to manage the staff Securities Clearing Operations team, ensure proper shift planning and adequate training measures as well as support the staff in serving our clients for any clearing related enquiry the customers may have.
Being responsible for functional operations of our core clearing systems along the process chain of Deutsche Boerse Group, Securities Clearing Operations run efficient settlement processes and is responsible for emergency and incident management as well as escalation up to senior management level 24/5. Besides the proper execution of the daily clearinghouse business, you will be in contact with international customers from the financial industry by providing support via our dedicated helpdesk. You will be working closely together with our headquarters in Frankfurt as well other units of Deutsche Boerse Group located in London, Chicago and Singapore.
Head of Unit is a line management role and as such, people management must be an integral part of your agenda while ensuring operational excellence.
If you seek a job at the center of the financial industry, take the chance and contact us.
- Support compliant and efficient clearing house operations of Eurex Clearing AG
- Execution of standardized clearing and settlement processes, including corporate actions
- Transaction processing within the default management process
- First level support and helpdesk for clearing members
- Supervision of the Eurex Clearing simulation environments
- Managing and distributing team tasks
- Coordination of technical change requests for the department as interface to IT
- Execution of software tests
- Ensuring staff readiness for system implementations
- Continuous improvement and development of operational business processes
- Collaboration in projects and analyses with a focus on robotics & process automation
- Ensuring a thorough understanding of processes operated from the team
- Supporting the Head of Section Clearing Delivery & Control in regular reporting of the team’s activities and providing inputs to central planning as required
- Maintaining relationships with all stakeholders incl. but not limited to Eurex Clearing teams
- Working actively on teams’ and team members’ personal development, making an effective contribution by proposing development measures
- Experience in people management. Ability to lead, manage and influence individuals as well as to work in a team
- In-depth knowledge in the national and international fulfillment of derivatives, cash and fixed income business and the involvement of a central clearing house
- Team player with excellent communication skills, creating transparency and proactive communication which includes continuous self-assessment
- Knowledge of the clearing systems of Eurex Clearing AG as well as national and international CSDs
- Professional attitude in delivering results. Critical and solution-oriented thinking, ability to work efficiently and target oriented
- Leadership experience with management of international teams
- Creativity, analytical thinking, self-responsibility, resilience and reliability
- High degree of flexibility and pronounced customer orientation
- University degree or comparable education (Business, Informatics/Economics preferred) with several years of professional experience
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, German is a plus
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
Top up your pension! We provide you a contribution to the pension fund which is meant to build up additional retirement savings for you.
Your work-life balance is important! We offer you our MultiSport Card which you can use for various sport and wellness activities.