Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Head of Unit (Team Lead) - Head of IT Project Management (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Prague, Cork, Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Prague, Cork, Luxembourg
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Fields of activity
- The IFS IT Department delivers technology to support the Investment Fund Solutions (IFS) business in providing Clearstream’s services across all fund types, from mutual funds to exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and alternative funds.
- Within the IFS IT Department there are three sections. One of these is the IFS IT Business Services and Change Section. A key role within this section is the Head of Unit for IT Project Management to ensure we deliver well on our transformation and change activities across IFS IT.
- The individual will bring drive, experience, and diligence in order to deliver on the growth ambition and needs of the IFS Business and be an effective and strong business counterpart.
- This role will be have line responsibility for four permanent IFS IT Project Managers and associated Service Providers.
- This role is based ideally in Luxembourg but could be based in Cork (Ireland) or Prague (Czech Republic). This role reports to the Head of Business Services and Change.
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to ensure best in class IFS IT Project Management Delivery
- Coordinate with Senior Management to create processes and systems to ensure effective project management and implementation across the organization.
- Track project annual budgets and forecasts while working with Project Managers to explain variance and propose and take steps for programmatic course corrections when necessary. Review Monthly Project Reports to ensure strong monthly financial oversight.
- Direct the activities of the Project Management Unit and determine how team resources should be allocated across projects.
- Provide strong and effective support to country, regional, and project management teams.
- Build a Community of Practice for Good Project Management across the organization involving Project Managers, business operations and product staff.
- Ensure that project implementation is responsive to target communities and partners and aligned with our core values, strategic plan and guiding principles.
- Serve as primary Project Management support assisting Project Managers deliver successful project implementation and results.
- Guide efficient and effective project start-up and close-down mechanisms.
- Create a work atmosphere conducive to professional growth and development of excellent personnel at all levels.
- Promote accountability by conducting staff annual performance reviews with direct reports, and ensuring that all staff members are effectively using the performance planning and management system.
- Holder of a university degree or similar in IT
- At least 5-7 years in Senior Project Management roles including direct responsibility for managing Project Managers
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- An ability to work and produce good results under pressure within a fast-changing environment
- Accuracy, ability to fulfil up-to-date knowledge requirements and take responsibility
- Critical thinking including ability to identify problems and propose effective solutions
- Ability to work on more tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and report issues/delays
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, knowledge of Microsoft Project and deeper knowledge of CA Clarity tool and SAP is an advantage
- SUMMIT methodology knowledge is an asset.
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Any other language especially French and/or German is an asset.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.