Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
HR Manager (f/m/d)
Deutsche Boerse Systems, Inc. • Chicago
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
The HR team in Chicago has the end-to-end responsibility for all HR processes covering the entire employee lifecycle starting with the recruiting activities and onboarding, creation and administration of employment contracts, cross-border assignments, and employee relations in general as well as payroll responsibility. In addition, group wide HR topics such as Audit, Compliance, Mergers & Acquisitions as well as the coordination and implementation of the HR Framework, i.e. Human Resources Policies and Guidelines, various compensation programs & benefits topics and the support of HR group wide programs & HR processes is located within the HR Business Relations department.
This position is based in our downtown Chicago office and the Head of Unit of HR US will report to the Head of Department – Global HR Business Partner (based in Frankfurt).
- Manage the team (2 employees)
- Ensuring the delivery of a professional and modern HR services catalogue in line with industry rules, regulations and defined local and Deutsche Börse Group HR procedures
- Responsible for all operational HR matters
- Formulating, recommending and ensuring the regular review, update and correct implementation of HR policies, processes and services in line with the firm's business goals, across all function and on Intranet to achieve the overall business objectives
- Providing overall direction on HR planning, recruiting, diversity, compensation & benefits, employee relations and training and development for local Management
- Providing pro-active advice and counselling to the Deutsche Börse HR Senior Management and local members of the executive management team on human resources issues
- Deals with all respective external providers (consultants, external auditors, attorneys, etc.)
- Managing defined local Human Resources Budget
- Implementation, regular review and maintenance of internal and external outsourcing contracts
- Provide internal advices/consulting services concerning HR matters/impacts when a representative office/branch/company of the DBG in the US is opened or closed or in M&A projects
- General management of the day to day business of the DBS Inc. office
- University degree or equivalent educational background
- Minimum 5 to 7 years professional experience in HR, preferably in a similar role and in an international company
- Strong knowledge of US Labor Law and regulatory environment (law, tax, etc.…) including immigration and 401K
- Analytical capability and the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Service-oriented and ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- German language skill is considered as an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.