Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Index Analyst (f/m/d)
Clearstream Operations Prague s.r.o. • Prague
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of Activity
The STOXX Index Operations Section is responsible for any day to day activities (Index Production, Index Review and Corporate Actions) related to the maintenance of indices under STOXX mandates such as the above-mentioned indices, as well as DAX indices, the Bulgarian Exchange Indices, the Irish Exchange Indices and Customized Indices. The STOXX Index Operations teams are also involved in any Strategic Projects where expertise on Index implementation maintenance, regulations and customer interface are required.
The STOXX Index Operations Section is organized in shifts across 2 locations (Zurich and Prague) and cover a time zone from 07:00 to 23:00 CET.
- Ensure the daily index calculation and configuration; monitor consistency and correctness of those, as well as the distribution and communication to customers and third party providers
- Monitor data feeds; identifies changes and coordinate solutions
- Manage the research and implementation of corporate actions for equities (e.g. increases and decreases of capital stocks, M&A activities, dividend payments, stock splits, spin-offs, etc.) and run general research on different listed asset classes (equities, fixed income) and overall markets; or on several index specific topics such as ownership research, audit free float calculations, industry classification assignments
- Manage data: sourcing, cleansing and organizing of corporate events, reference and ownership data
- Coordinates on-going index changes and perform periodic reviews of the STOXX and (DAX) indices and ensure update of data and client information in timely manner
- Handle direct client requests and provides effective and timely 2nd level incident support and resolution for Index data matters and fixes daily quality issues, including clarifications with existing sources
- Coordinate with other departments, especially IT, in order to insure high data quality through systematic analyses of concepts and implementation possibilities.
- Document processes and workflows in the Index Operation team
- Hold a University degree (bachelor) in finance, mathematics, economics or IT related subjects
- Have strong analytical and conceptual skills and know-how in financial markets.
- 3 years minimum experience and track record in index maintenance, Financial industry; data analysis /cleansing
- Be familiar with the use of reference and market data applications
- Knowledge of MS Office applications (especially: Excel; Access), ideally with additionally knowledge in VBA and SQL or other advanced IT knowledge like python.
- Have a solid command of written and verbal in English;
- Knowledge of German, French, Spanish or any European language would be a strong advantage.
- Be a team-player, customer orientated attitude and ability to act as a proactive, independent team player with hands-on mentality
- Be able to work under pressure and to handle multiple tasks time-efficient and autonomously in parallels and work on tight deadlines
- Has strong organizational skills, capability to prioritize and follow established guidelines
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.