Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Information Security Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
The Group Security department directly contributes to execution of the Deutsche Börse Group information security strategy. As a central service provider for the Group entities, Group Security is responsible to protect information assets, incl. suppliers, in terms of safety, integrity, confidentiality, authenticity and availability by enforcing information security controls based on the relevant regulatory requirements and follows the international standard ISO/IEC 27000-series on the Information Security Management System.
Your area of work:
In your new position, you will become a member of the Cyber Security Automation Team, part of Group Security. In the advertised position you will be advancing the technology and functionality of the automatic reporting system. This includes, but is not limited to, review of specifications, design and implementation of automatic reporting services. The integration of external systems for retrieving data is a basis for reporting. Thereby you will be working with different teams in the organization to obtain the data and align the outcome of reporting. Our requirements in terms of complex functionality, high reliability and accuracy will thoroughly challenge your development skills and provide ample opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Fostering the automation of security from data collection and processing to reporting
- Design, planning and code development for the deployment of new security reports while maintaining existing reporting streams to meet business needs of the organization
- Integration of different data sources into the reporting system working with REST APIs to build connections to different applications
- Evaluation and analysis of data for the creation of new reporting streams
- Troubleshooting and debugging to eliminate any kind of errors
- Keep the code base testable, create unit tests and conduct integration tests
- Proactive collaboration with other units of Group Security
- Ensure that security reports are regularly generated and published on time
- Programming expertise in Python 3 (Groovy, Java or Go as a plus), ideally experience with openpyxl
- Confident working with REST APIs
- Experienced using SQL databases (PostgreSQL and MS SQL) for data management
- Strong ability to understand and modify existing codebases
- Skilled in the usage of software design patterns (GoF & Co)
- Knowledge about agile software development lifecycles
- Experience with workflow tools, preferably Atlassian Jira
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub (or similar) for repository management, pull requests, code reviews etc.
- Diligent in unit testing, preferably applying TDD
- Familiar working with Linux and Windows systems as well as command line shells
- Performing Security by Design using security best practices
- Experience with major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes would be a plus
- Very good communication skills in in written and spoken English (German as a plus)
- Flexible, independent, and self-motivated
- Effective organizational skills
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.