Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Intern - Business Development / Projects & Reference Data Products (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
The Data Services department is responsible within Deutsche Börse Group for the worldwide distribution and marketing of financial market information. In addition to the real-time prices of its own trading venues (e.g. Xetra, Eurex) and benchmark indices (e.g. DAX, EuroSTOXX50), the department markets information and trading data from international cooperation partners (e.g. BSE India) and reference data. Based on this information, Data Services develops and calculates real-time analytics, which give market participants an even deeper insight into what is happening on the trading venues. Customers include market data vendors, the media, financial institutions (buy and sell side) and other consumers of financial information.
As an intern (f/m/d) you will support the team in the Data Services department significantly in various ongoing projects and gain valuable experience in a leading global exchange organization. You will get the chance to work together in a team of experienced product and project managers in the fast-moving field of data and analytics.
- You will participate in the reference data business and strategic initiatives.
- You will support with analyses for strategic positioning and pricing, creation of decision templates.
- You will help with the implementation of reference data projects.
- You will prepare reports and presentations.
- Furthermore, you will implement market and competitor analyses.
- In addition to these exciting tasks you will gain insights in Reference Data Market and business.
- You will gain hands-on exposure to DBAG systems, processes and clients through participation in the ongoing projects within the department.
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student and have completed at least 2 semesters.
- Ideally, you have already gained first practical experience in the context of financial markets (e.g. experience abroad, internships).
- You find creative ways of finding solutions.
- You are interested in the financial markets and financial market participants.
- Thanks to your structured and independent way of working, you are able to meet tight deadlines. Your high motivation and analytical skills help you to quickly familiarize yourself with new topics.
- You have very good knowledge in Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English. German Knowledge would be an advantage.
Start date: 15/03/2021
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.