Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Intern - Control Assurance & Monitoring Analyst (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
As a member of the Clearstream Control Assurance & Monitoring Team, you will support the execution of an effective control assurance and monitoring framework in the 1st Line of Defense. The function is tasked with performing control assurance, control effectiveness assessments as well issue & action logging/tracking in strong collaboration with the business and operations areas of Clearstream.
- Supporting the implementation of an effective control assurance and monitoring framework by monitoring key controls and reporting the findings via written reports to relevant executive management and governance forums
- Strengthening the Internal Control System following the methodology and strategy set by Group Risk Management
- Facilitating Risk and Control Self-Assessments to identify key risks, (non)financial impacts and relevant controls
- Challenging risk and control owners on risk assessments, control design and operating effectiveness
- Coordinating the execution of reports and assessments (i.e. assurance report on controls, risk concentrations, internal controls, etc.) for the 1st line of defense, executive managers and/or regulators
- Managing various stakeholders across Clearstream.
As part of Individual Data Processing (a form of data processing, in which end users in business departments (users of IT systems/applications) define and execute work activities):
- Perform ad-hoc and annual review of IDP inventory and present the status to Clearstream Legal Entity Executive Boards annually
- Define mandatory fields in the IDP Inventory and ensure completeness and correctness
- Support IDP Owners in risk surveys and perform regular checks of the execution of risk surveys and necessary risk assessments
- Provide support and training to IDP Process owners & IDP Developers in effectively using the tool
- Maintain and update local IDP Guideline and Process documentation.
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree programme with a recognized institution and can provide an internship agreement, OR have graduated with a Bachelor's Degree or similar for no more than 6 months
- Minimum 1 years of work experience in process management is an asset
- Knowledge of Deutsche Boerse business processes is preferable
- Strong analytical skills, critical mind set and ability to solve complex problems
- Strong communication skills and ability/willingness to build network
- General office productivity tools proficiency is expected (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory
- Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. German/ French) is an advantage
Start date: 1 January 2022
Duration: 6 months full-time
We look forward to receiving your CV and Cover Letter in English!
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.