Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Corporate Venture Capital (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
In your position as an Intern – Corporate Venture Capital (f/m/d) you will support the Corporate Venture Capital arm (DB1 Ventures) of Deutsche Börse Group in all aspects of the venture investment process. The DB1 Ventures Team oversees the portfolio of ventures and subsidiaries from the Group, and acts as an engaged, long-term strategic partner and provider of capital to growth-stage companies, which are core or adjacent to the group's strategy. The team looks to create a diversified investment portfolio across our businesses, and proactively manage it in order to contribute to the overall equity story of the organization.
- You will research and assess relevant markets in depth and screen them for attractive investment opportunities.
- You will assist in ongoing venture capital investment engagements; analyse and evaluate potential acquisition targets and assist in the creation of investment proposals / presentations for DBAG’s senior management.
- You will support the team by performing specific tasks during due diligence efforts for venture capital / investment activities.
- Additionally, you will support portfolio management activities as well as gain valuable insights in specific ongoing planning or restructuring projects, working with a team of functional experts from across the company.
- Furthermore, you will evaluate and maintain the venture pipeline and deal flow database, as well as any operations documentation.
- You are enrolled in an academic programme recognized by the state with a bachelors/masters degree in Bus. Administration / Finance / Economics (Master's degrees or MBAs are preferred). Or you already hold a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree that is not older than 6 months.
- Ideally, you have already gained first practical experience in the context of venture capital, start-ups, finance, investment banking or similar roles.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, an analytical mindset and you are passionate about fintech, technology and innovation in capital markets.
- You bring eagerness to learn, to take on responsibilities, as well as intellectual curiosity and you are able to quickly familiarize yourself with new topics.
- You are highly organized and have the ability to work well in small teams in a structured, independent and result-oriented manner.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of German is an advantage.
Start date: 01/12/2021
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.