Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Corporate Venture Capital (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
In your position as an Intern – Corporate Venture Capital (f/m/d), you will support the Corporate Venture Capital arm (DB1 Ventures) of Deutsche Börse Group in all aspects of the venture investment process. The DB1 Ventures Team oversees the portfolio of ventures and minority-owned subsidiaries from the Group. We act as an engaged, long-term strategic partner and provider of capital to early- and growth-stage companies, which are core or adjacent to the Group's strategy. The team seeks to build a diversified investment portfolio across our businesses and proactively manages it to contribute to the overall equity story of the organization.
Please note that we recruit interns on a rolling basis with no fixed start date. The start date indicated below is a preferred start date.
- You will research and assess relevant markets in-depth and screen them for attractive investment opportunities.
- You will assist in ongoing transactions, analyse and evaluate potential investment targets, and assist in creating investment proposals/presentations for DBAG’s senior management.
- You will support the team by performing specific tasks during the due diligence process.
- You will support portfolio management activities and gain valuable insights into ongoing corporate development projects, working with a team of functional experts from across the Group.
- Furthermore, you will evaluate and maintain the venture pipeline and deal flow database and any operations documentation.
- You are enrolled in an academic programme recognized by the state with a bachelor/master's degree in Bus. Administration / Finance / Economics (Master's degrees or MBAs are preferred). Furthermore, we offer the possibility of an orientation internship, whereby you are currently in a gap-year after your bachelor's or master's degree in the above-mentioned fields of study - in this case, a certificate of enrolment is not required.
- Ideally, you have already gained your first practical experience in venture capital, start-ups, consulting, investment banking or similar fields.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and an analytical mindset, and you are passionate about fintech, technology and innovation in capital markets.
- You bring an eagerness to learn and intellectual curiosity, take on responsibilities, and you can quickly familiarize yourself with new topics.
- You are highly organized and can work well in small teams in a structured, independent and result-oriented manner.
- You are fluent in English, and knowledge of German is an advantage.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.