Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Default Management in Risk Department (f/m/d)
EUREX Clearing AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Eurex Frankfurt AG is the administrating and operating entity of the Eurex Deutschland derivatives exchange. Eurex Deutschland offers a broad range of international benchmark products including the broadest offer of equity index derivatives, the most liquid fixed-income markets in the world and is the platform of choice for European equity derivatives, featuring open and low-cost electronic access. Amongst others, Eurex Deutschland offers dividend, ETF and volatility derivatives.
Your area of work:
As an Intern (f/m/d) you will support the Default Management Section in the Risk department. The Default Management team (DMP) of Eurex Clearing is responsible of handling the default of one of our Clearing Members. During such an event, our traders will need to liquidate swiftly the portfolios of the defaulted bank. To achieve this goal, we need precise operational processes, as well as stable and efficient tools. As an Intern in the DMP team, you will participate in the enhancement and the creation of such tools and processes as part of long-term projects. Additionally, you will support our daily activities in evaluating our potential market and counterparty risk. By directly working within the DMP team, you will be at the heart of the central counterparty, and therefore gain a good insight in capital markets, from a trading and clearing point of view, but also knowledge about market regulations and risk measurement.
- You will help the trading desk during liquidation/simulation of liquidation process
- You will support trading and risk management tools maintenance, enhancement and creation
- You will participate in the Default Management process amendment / enhancement
- You will make yourself and your teammates aware of relevant market news
- You will assist in quantitative and qualitative risk assessment (e.g. market risk, counterparty risk, credit risk)
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student and have completed at least 6 semesters. Your study focuses on the field of financial mathematics, economics, market finance or other comparable fields. Furthermore, we offer the possibility of an orientation internship, whereby you are currently in a gap-year after your bachelor's or master's degree in the above-mentioned fields of study - in this case, a certificate of enrolment is not required
- You have basic programming skills (SQL, Python/R, VBA), you master the MS Office suite and ideally have knowledge in Bloomberg / Reuters
- You have appetence for financial derivatives, risk management and affinity to numbers and quantitative approaches
- Your curiosity and proactivity push you to challenge the status-quo and identify overlooked problems that you can resolve with creative and analytical thinking
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
Start date: 01/11/2023
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.