Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Execution & Settlement Principal Broking Business (f/m/d)
Eurex Sec. Transact. Serv.GmbH • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Eurex Securities Transactions Services GmbH (Eurex STS) is a subsidiary of Eurex Frankfurt AG established in order to provide a Buy-in Agent service once the settlement discipline regime of the Central Securities Depository Regulation (CSDR) is introduced beginning of 2022. Eurex STS’ Buy-in Agent will offer market participants an automated and standardized solution to fulfil this mandatory regulatory requirement.
Your area of work:
Being an intern - Execution & Settlement Principal Broking Business for the Deutsche Börse Group will be an excellent opportunity to explore capital market dynamics and to gain valuable practical experience in an innovative company.
The Department “Finance, Operations & Risk” of Eurex Securities Transactions Services GmbH covers all Outsourcing and Finance topics, Risk Management (Counterparty- and Operational Risk) and Functional Operations (Running an auction and securities settlement tool) in the field of principal broking business. Interns become an important part of all daily tasks and receive specific project tasks.
We are seeking candidates that are interested in financial markets in general and building up new financial market infrastructures in particular with hands-on mentality.
- You will support at development and drafting information- and decision documents (PowerPoint-presentations) for the division and project management, including various business owners
- You will help with the consolidation and tracking of issue-lists administrative and organizational tasks for the division and project management team
- Furthermore, you will support in the preparation, documentation and validation of different tests for new and existing functionalities in the ESTS system
- You will help with data compilation, securities scope testing & process analysis, including project scope management analysis in Excel
- You will prepare diverse system demo presentations and member handbook documentation
- Additionally, you will support the annual outsourcing review and respective process steps required by regulatory requirement
- You will gain intersesting insights in the quarterly KPI monitoring process and support the implementation and maintenance of outsourcing related procedures
- You are enrolled in an academic program recognized by the state during their internship
- You already gained first practical work experience via internships or part-time/ student jobs, experiences abroad, and active social service engagements will be a benefit
- You have excellent analytical skills, a structured work organization, and confident handling of figures while developing well-structured problem-solving options and process overviews
- You are an organizational talent, communication capabilities and team orientation, independent work method, high commitment to delivery, and high self-responsibility & ownership
- You already have very good experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- You are proficient in written and spoken English – German knowledge would be an advantage.
Start date: 15/02/2022
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.