Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Financial Accounting & Regulatory Reporting (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Your area of work:
The Financial Accounting & Regulatory Reporting team cover the full section of both financial accounting and regulatory reporting matters including strategic, internal audit, and event-driven mandates. The Supervisory Reporting & Daily Monitoring team handles the submission of raw or summary data as defined by the competent authority, and monitor the key regulatory ratios on a daily basis. These are provided by regulatory standards, including regulatory and technical standards, circulars, and ongoing communications between team and the competent authority. As the intern, you will be working for the Supervisory Reporting & Daily Monitoring team who submit reports to national and European financial services authorities for the various entities of Clearstream while monitoring our key regulatory ratios and performing deep analysis on changes in our ratios.
As our future colleague, you’ll have demonstrated superior attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with multiple individuals from various backgrounds. You will also be responsible for ensuring on clear communication and working with multiple teams within DBAG to meet strict deadlines and necessary deliverables.
- Produce results for our key regulatory ratios
- Perform analyses on changes to our key regulatory ratios and take the initiative to perform deep analyses on our quantitative results
- Preparing deliverables for ad-hoc requests from the Financial Accounting & Regulatory Reporting team
- Informing end data users of changes in the quantitative results
- Preparing presentations, documents, and materials for meetings with internal partners and external stakeholders
- Executing financial modelling using VBA and other technical, financial, and data requirements
- Ensure that data is accurately entered in the respective database
- Update data according to a set schedule or at a user’s request
- Provide support and advice to users regarding database access and usage
- Support the team in the preparation of reports and documentation for the required regulator
- Must be able to do SQL coding; VBA is nice to have
- Advanced excel skills
- Demonstrated financial modelling skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent data management skills
- Strong interest in finance and banking, including an understanding of the clearing, settlement, and custody business
- Demonstrate outgoingness and willing to take initiative
- Demonstrate the ability to meet tight deadlines while handling and prioritizing simultaneous requests
- High level understanding of European Union financial regulations (CRR, CSDR, MiFIR, SFTR, etc.)
- Interest in financial regulation
- Interest in derivative products and the structure of financial instruments
- First-rate English speaking skills: French and German are beneficial
Start Date: 01 January 2023
Duration: 6 months
We look forward to receiving your CV and Cover Letter in English.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.