Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Intercompany Financial Accounting, Controlling & Billing (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
As a working student you will support the team in the Financial Accounting & Controlling department by taking on ownerships of intercompany related tasks including communications with stakeholders, financial analysis, performing controls and reconciliations.
- You will assist management of the financial side of a portfolio of intra-group contracts and projects.
- You will gain interesting insights in ‘end-to-end’ process for financial transactions in the group.
- You will facilitate simplification of current intercompany processes, definition of business requirements for streamlined and digital processes, implementation of SAP S4 and elimination of non-valuable complexities.
- You will have exposures to how to define, manage and operate intercompany recharge calculation including the required internal controls and reconciliations.
- Furthermore, you will support the team by creating process flow charts and presentations.
- In addition to these excited tasks you will gain Insights in contract management, accounting, billing, controlling and stakeholder management areas.
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student and have completed at least two semesters
(Study focus in the field of informatics, mathematics, physics, economics, business studies, humanities or other relevant fields).
- Ideally, you have already gained first practical experience in the context of at least one internship (e.g. experience abroad, internships) / in the finance area.
- You are interested in corporate finance (f.e.: Financial and Capital Markets).
- You are highly motivated, not afraid of challenges and committed to working in a vital team. you can work independently and take initiatives to quickly familiarize yourself with new topics.
- You have very good knowledge in MS Office especially MS Excel and MS Powerpoint.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
Start date: 15/11/2021
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.