Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Internal Audit (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
The world's entire financial system is built on trust. When assets are traded, both parties must be sure they will receive their part of the transaction. Given the complexity, speed and quantity of assets involved, a fast, secure and trusted third-party is absolutely essential for settling transactions. Clearstream is a leading European supplier of post-trading services. The wholly owned subsidiary of Deutsche Börse ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively delivered between trading parties. It also manages, safekeeps and administers the securities that it holds on behalf of its customers. Over 300,000 domestic and internationally traded bonds, equities and investment funds are currently deposited with Clearstream. Clearstream maintains relationships with customers in over 110 countries. Its global network extends across 59 domestic markets. Backed by flexible securities lending and collateral management services, Clearstream offers one of the most comprehensive international securities services available, settling more than 250,000 transactions daily.
Your area of work
As an Intern in Internal Audit, you will support the chief auditor in his administrative and reporting tasks as well as the auditors by performing document analyses and quality checks in the framework of their audits.
- Support the Internal Audit team
- Update/maintain the tools used to centralize data coming from various sources in different formats (Excel, Access etc.)
- Contribute to the improvement of all tools and material such as procedure, guidance used in the department
- Support the periodic reporting (data extraction, statistics generation)
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree programme with a recognized institution focusing on Economics, Finance or similar and can provide an internship agreement, OR have graduated with a Bachelor's degree or similar for no more than 6 months
- Competent in handling of MS-Office applications (in particular VBA, Excel, Access, Power Point, Word, etc.)
- Proficiency in written and oral English is mandatory, any other language, in particular French and/or German is an advantage
- Organisational abilities, commitment and accuracy
- Comfortable working with numbers and creating reports
- Good communication skills with ability to work independently as well as in a team
- You have preferably already completed an internship in another company
Start date: 1st December 2023
Duration 6 months full-time
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.