Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Market Control (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
Cash Markets Operations runs one of the largest European equity trading venues – Xetra – as well as special niche market, designed for retail investors – Börse Frankfurt and further foreign exchanges on the T7 trading architecture. We are in continuous contact with more than 150 trading participants, such as investment banks and ensure smooth operations as well as a high availability of our markets, including in special situations like IPOs and technical emergencies. We, therefore, ensure orderly trading and are always available for our clients via the helpdesk.
As an Intern in Cash Markets Operations (f/m/d), you are in the heart of the global capital markets and actively support our teams in the following areas.
- You will support our team in the day to day business within different areas such as: financial instruments setup and delisting, processing of corporate news, market control as well as Emergency handling, in order to ensure error-free operations of the different trading venues.
- You will participate in processing of trading suspensions and resumptions.
- You help monitoring trading activities of the cash market system.
- You will support supervising trading participants (especially trading system testers & developers) within the simulation environment.
- You engage in release projects of the trading system in order to ensure a smooth workflow in the operations department after the implementation.
- Furthermore, you do general research, analysis and organizational tasks.
- In addition to these excited tasks you will gain Insights in the financial market and contribute to a strong, international team.
- You are enrolled at an officially recognized university during the whole time of activity (study focus in the field of economics, business studies or other relevant fields). Furthermore, we offer the possibility of an orientation internship, whereby you are currently in a gap-year after your bachelor's or master's degree in the above-mentioned fields of study - in this case, an enrolment is not required.
- You are interested in capital markets and have an affinity to modern technologies.
- You are able to independently and quickly familiarize yourself with new topics and you stand out due to your systematic and accurate way of working.
- You have very good MS-Office skills (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- You are fluent English and at least good & improving in German language.
Start date: 01/01/2024
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.