Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Intern - Non-Financial Risk & Internal Controls (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
As an Intern - Non-Financial Risk & Internal Controls (f/m/d) you will support the team in the Group Risk Management department which is an elementary component of the management and control of Deutsche Börse Group. The main purpose of the Risk Management area is to monitor the overall risk profile so that developments that could jeopardize the interests of the company can be identified and suitable countermeasures can be deployed. You will be actively taking part in our process, while we are offering you diverse, interesting and above all challenging tasks.
- You will generate analyses and documents for the decision-making process in regards to latest risk management issues.
- You will support the identification of operational risks and business risks together with business units.
- You will participate in ongoing projects of the area, especially in the yearly review of operational risk scenarios.
- You will support the enhancement of the Internal Control System.
- You will assist in the course of common risk management operations.
- Furthermore, you will take care of administrative and organisational tasks.
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student and have completed at least 2 semesters
(Study focus in the field of economics, business studies, mathematics, physics or other relevant fields).
- Ideally, you have already gained first practical experience in the context of an internship in the financial sector.
- You are interested in statistics, banks and stock markets.
- Thanks to your communicative nature, you quickly find your way into the team. Besides working in teams, you have the ability to work independently and your analytical skills and your motivation help you to quickly familiarize yourself with new topics.
- You have advanced knowledge in MS Office (in particular MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point) and ideally SAP.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
Start date: 01/12/2021
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.