Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Operational Excellence (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
Operational Excellence (OE) are the pioneers of new and innovative ways of performing business operations, within Clearstream Global Operations. OE applies tailored process improvement methodologies derived from Lean management, Six Sigma and customer journey management. We support business to identify process improvements and prepare those processes for the use of modern technologies. Clearstream is truly at the heart of the financial markets. Working here means discovering a comprehensive understanding of the workings of the financial world. At the same time Clearstream itself is a relatively small company, meaning a good connection between all business levels, and individuals can see the impact their delivered changes bring to the business. As pioneers of change, we need innovators and creative thinkers. People who look at problems and find innovative, superior solutions. As an influencer within Clearstream, you will need to be comfortable making persuasive and influential pitches to all levels of business stakeholder. We strive to assign responsibilities based on your interests, and where you can bring value to the team, and gain the most value for yourself. We care about your career objectives and understand that curious and eager people want to continue learning. We provide mentoring to support the onboarding and ongoing internship experience. Along with on-the-job training there is also the potential to participate in any ad-hoc training the team delivers. Additionally, there is an extensive online training catalogue.
- Provide co-facilitation in LEAN/Kaizen Workshops, such as preparing workshop content, process map design and modelling, and other facilitator tasks as suitable
- Work with the Project Managers in the team to implement projects by working in our Agile Coach/Scrum Master role
- Analyse data to find opportunities of improvement and propose improvement ideas within our LEAN Six Sigma projects
- Assist the Agile Sensei of the team to maintain and develop our Agile setup, and propose meaningful new and innovative working methods
- You will gain insights into Agile project management (SCRUM methodology), in a highly regulated financial services environment
- You will gain experience of identification, analysis, and assessment of new technical tools that can be used to improve the Lean Six Sigma process
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree programme with a recognized institution and can provide an internship agreement, OR have graduated with a Bachelor's Degree or similar for no more than 6 months
- Experience working in consulting project environments, in particular in the area of process analysis, would be a strong asset
- Demonstrate your innovation and influencing experience, preferably in a work environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Inquisitive approach, good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of office suite applications such as Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, LibreOffice etc., and Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Trello, Monday etc.
- Interested in and knowledge of quality related methods (e.g. LEAN, Six Sigma…)
- Fluent in written and oral English
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.