Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Intern - Outsourcing Coordination / Outsourcing Business Surveillance (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
The Clearstream Outsourcing Coordination and Business Surveillance units support the business segments in their duties with regards to services outsourced by Clearstream entities and secures a harmonized first line of defence approach across the different business owners within the area of its responsibility, including the set-up of standards with respect to performance indicators. The first line of defence control and monitoring function covers the adequate reporting to the Executive Management and the control functions as well.
Your main responsibility will be the support of the business owners in outsourced services starting with guidance in the definition and documentation of measurable performance indicators up to the regular performance review and related reporting to the respective stakeholders / boards.
- Provide Clearstream segments / business owners with guidance in the definition of measurable performance indicators
- Review and validate performance reports and prepare their presentation to the respective boards
- Establish and maintain adequate procedures and workflows
- Interact closely with the relevant Clearstream segments, Intercompany Organisation, Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Information Security, Data Protection, Audit and Compliance
- Explain to the business owners the consequences of failure to comply with regulations, standards, or policies
- Provide a pro-active contribution to ensure team targets and objectives are being achieved within required deadlines
- Assist in project work where required
- Support the review of Outsourcing Risk Assessments
- Collaborate in the Outsourcing Pre-assessment process
- Direct support of the Clearstream Outsourcing Coordinator Team
Qualifications/ required skills
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree programme with a recognized institution focusing on Economics, Finance or Business Management and can provide an internship agreement, OR have graduated with a Bachelor's degree or similar for no more than 6 months
- Very good analytical skills, critical mind set and ability to solve complex problems
- Good communication skills and ability/willingness to build network
- General office productivity tools proficiency expected (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) – preferably technical background knowledge with a good understanding of databases and process improvements
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), French and/or German is an asset
Start date: 15.03.2021
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.