Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Outsourcing Coordination / Outsourcing Business Surveillance (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Your area of work
The Clearstream Outsourcing Coordination and Business Surveillance units support the business segments in their duties with regards to services outsourced by Clearstream entities and secure a harmonized first line of defence approach across the different business owners within the area of its responsibility, including the set-up of standards with respect to performance indicators. The first line of defence control and monitoring function covers the adequate reporting to the Executive Management and the control functions as well.
Your main responsibilities will be the support of the Outsourcing Coordinators in maintaining the register of outsourcing contracts, support service requestors and business owners in establishing new services, and monitoring the progress of control functions in their review of contracts.
- Provide direct support of the Clearstream Outsourcing Coordinator and Outsourcing Business Surveillance Teams
- Independently operate the Outsourcing Pre-assessment process
- Support the review of Outsourcing Risk Assessments
- Perform data consistency checks to ensure an accurate Outsourcing register
- Provide a pro-active contribution to ensure team targets and objectives are being achieved within required deadlines
- Assist in project work where required
- Interact closely with the relevant Clearstream segments, Intercompany Organisation, Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Information Security, Data Protection, Audit and Compliance
- Establish and maintain adequate procedures and workflows
- Explain to the service requestors and business owners the consequences of failure to comply with regulations, standards, or policies
- Provide Clearstream segments / business owners with guidance in the definition of measurable performance indicators
- Review and validate performance reports and prepare their presentation to the respective boards
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree programme with a recognized institution focusing on Economics, Finance or Business Management and can provide an internship agreement, OR have graduated with a Bachelor's degree or similar for no more than 6 months
- Very good analytical skills, critical mind set and ability to solve complex problems
- Good communication skills and ability/willingness to build network
- General office productivity tools proficiency expected (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) – preferably technical background knowledge with a good understanding of databases and process improvements
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), French and/or German is an asset
Duration: 6 months full-time
Start date: 1 August 2022
We look forward to receving your CV and Cover Letter in English !
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.