Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Qualitative / Quantitative Analysis in Risk Management (f/m/d)
EUREX Clearing AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Eurex Clearing AG is one of the leading central counterparties (CCPs) globally, assuring the safety and integrity of markets while providing innovation in risk management, clearing technology, and client asset protection. The clearing house provides fully automated post-trade services for derivatives, equities, bonds and secured funding & financing as well as industry-leading risk management technologies.
Your area of work
As an Intern - Qualitative / Quantitative Analysis in Risk Management (f/m/d) you will be working within the Model Validation team of the Eurex Clearing AG. You are mainly responsible for analyses of risk models in scope of Eurex Clearing’s Model Risk Management policy. As a second line function, model validation is key to Eurex Clearing’s Model Risk Management. You will gain an insight into different areas of the CCP Risk Management while performing regular and ad hoc model reviews. You will have the excellent opportunity to explore capital market dynamics and gain valuable practical experience in an innovative company. You will be actively taking part in our processes, while we are offering you diverse, interesting and above all challenging tasks
- You will assist in validation activities related to the risk management process of a clearing house
- You will assess the risk model performance (e.g. VaR-models) based on quantitative statistical analysis, like backtesting or sensitivity analysis
- You will be able to assist the qualitative and quantitative challenge of models
- Furthermore, you will support the regular model validation reporting and the maintenance and improvement of reporting tools and processes
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university with a minimum of four semester of undergraduate studies in Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any other comparable degree with risk management focus including empirical, quantitative analysis and methods. Furthermore, we offer the possibility of an orientation internship, whereby you are currently in a gap-year after your bachelor's or master's degree in the above-mentioned fields of study - in this case, a certificate of enrolment is not required
- You are strongly interested in capital markets and have a basic knowledge of the derivatives market
- You are able to work in a team as well as to complete tasks independently and additionally you have analytical and problem-solving skills, a high motivation and curiosity
- Ideally, you have good knowledge in statistical analyses, and some knowledge in data bases, python or R is desirable. You are also competent in the handling of MS-Office applications.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English, German is a plus
Start date: 01/01/2024
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.