Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Quantitative Risk Analyst (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Services S.A.
With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities: Clearstream ensures that cash and securitites are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notifiede of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custoday. Additionally, Clearstream provides services for inverstment funds, collateral management and securities lending.
Your area of work:
Group Credit's overriding objective is to ensure that business activities are conducted within a prudent credit risk framework that is consistent with the bank's credit appetitite and in compliance with regulatory and supervisory requirements. We are searching for a Quantitiative Risk Analyst to temporarily reinforce team's capactity on the development, continuos improvements and implementation of collateral- and credit rating models.
A successfull candidate will supprt multiple projects on the enhancements in qualitative and quantitative methodologies, aimed at strengthening the overall credit risk management Framework, as well as prototyping, testing and roll-out of the related tools.
- Support the development and maintenance of the existing risk models, incl. model recalibrations
- Support conceptualization of model enhancements to address model validation findings
- Conduct research on credit and market risk methodologies, prepare research memos and recommendations
- Collect and prepare model related testing and training data sets
- Develop model prototypes, assist in model testing and drafting requisite model-related documentation
- Work in close collaboration with model users and IT to accompany IT development process, including writing business requirements, taking into consideration the available (or planned) infrastructure, as well as performing business acceptance testing
- Students must be enrolled in a relevant graduate academic programme with quantitative focus (e.g. Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering) recognised by the state during their internship, preferably in their last semesters;
- Sound progamming skills in applications like Python, R, SQL or alike;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, abilitiy to draw accurate conclusions based on complex data;
- Good understanding of statistics and quantitative techniques;
- Good understanding of market and credit risk concepts, adequate research skills:
- Creativity and forward-looking thinking;
- Attention to details, ability to work independently, structured and result-oriented approach to work;
- Integrity, willingness to take responsibility, proactive attitude and high level of reliability;
- Team player with high commitment, adequate communication and presentation skills;
- Fluent in written and spoken English; French and/or German will be an asset.
Start date: 01 September 2022
Duration: 4 months full-time
We look forward to receiving your CV and Cover Letter in English!
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.