Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Regulatory Strategy (f/m/d)
EUREX Frankfurt AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Eurex Frankfurt AG is the administrating and operating entity of the Eurex Deutschland derivatives exchange. Eurex Deutschland offers a broad range of international benchmark products including the broadest offer of equity index derivatives, the most liquid fixed-income markets in the world and is the platform of choice for European equity derivatives, featuring open and low-cost electronic access. Amongst others, Eurex Deutschland offers dividend, ETF and volatility derivatives.
Your area of work
You are passionate about derivatives markets and are wondering how business and regulation can co-exist. ‘I love it when a plan comes together’ is your favourite catchphrase, you like challenges and you are seeking a field of activity that allows you to constantly grow and work internationally – look no further.
Regulatory Strategy at Eurex is responsible for managing the ever-increasing number of regulations impacting the derivatives exchange and navigating the complexities to achieve overall commercial success. Tactically, responses to various legislative proposals need to be developed in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders. Regulatory proposals on financial markets, sustainable finance or crypto markets, for example, are discussed and aligned with Eurex decision areas, as well as externally with market participants, industry associations or regulatory and legislative stakeholders. The underlying tool set used to ultimately determine regulatory positioning are various qualitative and quantitative analyses focusing on regulation, affected markets, products, or participants. Providing regulatory advice and decision material for regulatory direction to Eurex board members as well as contributing towards alignment on DBG level is a key aspect of the section. Furthermore, external representation of Eurex at international industry associations or market participant committees and supporting regulatory outreach towards regulatory and legislative stakeholders, complete the advocacy and education role of the area.
- You will research on financial market regulation dossiers and track consultations for advocacy as well as support development of positioning aspects
- You will research activities and performance of market and competitive analyses in derivatives markets for various strategic initiatives and projects within the team and Eurex
- In addition, you will support the preparation of presentations and documents for various Eurex committees and executive board decision-making
- Furthermore, you will help with administrative and organizational activities and tasks in alignment with various interfaces
- You are enrolled in an academic program recognized by the state during their internship (major field of study in business administration and economics, and particularly in finance, derivatives risk management or microstructural analyses desirable). Furthermore, we offer the possibility of an orientation internship, whereby you are currently in a gap-year after your bachelor's or master's degree in the above-mentioned fields of study - in this case, an enrolment is not required
- You already have completed at least the first year of your university studies
- You have very good organizational and communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- In addition, you are competent handling of MS Office applications (in particular MS Excel and MS PowerPoint); programming experience is a value-add
- Furthermore, you are proficient in written and spoken German and English
Start date: 01/01/2024
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.