Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Risk Management - Model Validation (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
As an integral part of the Deutsche Börse Group, Clearstream offers settlement and custody services to more than 2,500 customers world-wide, covering over 150,000 domestic and internationally traded bonds and equities. Clearstream's core business ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively delivered between parties, and that customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under our custody. Without committed staff Deutsche Börse Group would not have developed into one of the most modern exchange organisations in the world. More than 5,300 employees work for the Group – a dynamic, highly motivated and international team.
Your area of work
Model Validation provides independent effective challenge of models, applying financial theory and quantitative methods. We define validation guidelines, develop appropriate validation methods, employ validation instruments on a regular basis and perform ad hoc model reviews in light of a changing regulatory environment and market conditions.
Support the Model Validation Unit to:
- Develop appropriate quantitative and qualitative validation methods including potential outcomes and their impact
- Participate in the initial validation of new and/or changed models
- Define and track Model Validation findings and work on potential recommendations to the model owner
- Maintain the model inventory of the different legal entities
- Assess the adequacy and robustness of risk models on a regular basis and prepare regulatory submissions
- Deliver model validation analysis and reports in support of senior management & committee review and challenge of the risk position
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree programme with a recognized institution and can provide an internship agreement, OR have graduated with a Bachelor's degree or similar for no more than 6 months (Finance / Economics / Mathematics preferred)
- Interest in financial markets, financial products, as well as the regulatory landscape
- Knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
- Good quantitative and analytical skills, as well as high results orientation
- Efficient team player with good communication skills
- Very competent handling of MS office, experience with programming languages (e.g. Python or R)
- Commitment, a high degree of organizational self-reliance, motivation and accuracy
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Start date: 15/03/2024
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.