Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Risk Reporting (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
DBG Risk Reporting provides regular and ad hoc reports on all relevant risk figures assessed within the companywide internal risk monitoring, e.g., key metrics quantifying operational, financial, pension and business risks or monitoring system availabilities. The main goal is to support the effective and efficient risk management, which empowers management committees within DBG to control the risk profile of the entire Group or of single legal entities, as well as significant individual risks, in a timely manner.
As an Intern (f/m/d) within the CRO Risk Reporting unit, you will participate in all risk reporting tasks to inform senior management of DBG on the current risk situation and support the team in the maintenance of the tools involved. Furthermore, you will be constantly looking for possibilities to optimize and automatize the relevant systems and processes.
- You will assist risk colleagues involved in regular/periodic and ad hoc risk reporting tasks on risk figures calculated in scope of the internal capital and liquidity adequacy assessment
- You are jointly responsible for screening the existing reporting documentation and perform a gap analysis
- You take responsibility for monitoring deadlines for relevant stakeholders (including teams outside the group risk management units) and support the coordination of timely data deliveries
- You actively participate in the analysis and selection of appropriate reporting tools to visualize consolidated and drilled down risk figures according to the expectations of the risk report recipients
- Your role is also to support the design of a new centralized and automatized set up for risk reporting processes
- Furthermore, You will jointly analyse the effectiveness of reporting processes and their level of automatization.
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student and have completed at least 2 semesters. Your study focus is in the field of informatics, mathematics, physics, economics, business studies, humanities or other relevant fields. Furthermore, we offer the possibility of an orientation internship, whereby you are currently in a gap-year after your bachelor's or master's degree in the above-mentioned fields of study - in this case, an enrolment is not required
- Ideally, you have already gained first practical experience in the context of project and change management or risk reporting (e.g. experience abroad, internships)
- You are interested in financial markets and risk management
- Thanks to your communicative and cooperative manner, you quickly find your way into the team. Your critical thinking combined with creativity help you to propose pragmatic solutions for identified problems in a timely manner
- You have very good knowledge in MS Office and as well as very good presentation skills
- You are fluent in written and spoken English, German skills would be an asset
Start date: 01/01/2024
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.