Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Intern - Software Engineer - Cloud Services (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Services S.A.
With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custody.
Field of activity
Deutsche Börse Group is one of the largest exchange organisations and market infrastructure providers worldwide and is far more than a pure marketplace organizer for the trading in shares. It is a trans- action services provider covering the full value chain of trading, clearing, settlement and market data. Our success is based on our highly integrated and automated IT systems. Therefore, Information Technology is the core of Deutsche Börse: With advanced technology, it affords companies and investors access to global capital markets. Information Technology designs, builds and operates the technological infrastructure of Deutsche Börse and 16 other exchanges around the world. More than 1,000 IT engineers implement the segments’ strategies through technological applications, thereby ensuring the competitiveness of the entire Group.
- Contribute to the transformation of our legacy applications into a modern cloud-based microservices architecture
- Apply your abilities in Machine Learning and AI to high-scale financial technology applications
- Apply your engineer skills in developing state of the art software to automate everything we do in our Corporate Processes
- Design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs
- Solve problems using distributed, asynchronous messaging
- Work closely with product, Google SRE and infrastructure teams
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree programme with a recognized institution focusing on Computer Science or equivalent and can provide an internship agreement, OR have graduated with a Bachelor's degree or similar for no more than 6 months
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including Go or Python
- Solid understanding of public clouds
- Background knowledge of HTML5, CSS and Java script, R, Perl is an asset
- Background in object-oriented programming, including good knowledge in algorithms and data structures
- Pro-active in learning and highly self-motivated
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and spoken English is mandatory. Knowledge of French and/or German is an asset
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: flexible
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.