Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Strategy & Initiatives (f/m/d)
EUREX Frankfurt AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Eurex Frankfurt AG is the administrating and operating entity of the Eurex Deutschland derivatives exchange. Eurex Deutschland offers a broad range of international benchmark products including the broadest offer of equity index derivatives, the most liquid fixed-income markets in the world and is the platform of choice for European equity derivatives, featuring open and low-cost electronic access. Amongst others, Eurex Deutschland offers dividend, ETF and volatility derivatives.
Your area of work
As an intern (f/m/d) you will support the Strategy & Initiatives team within the Business Analytics & Strategy department in its tasks.
The Strategy & Initiatives team ensures cohesive strategy development and implementation across the Trading & Clearing Division within the overall Deutsche Börse Group strategic framework. Its core responsibility is to define and initiate strategic execution in close alignment with relevant business areas and other internal and external stakeholders such as regulators and customers and to drive forward implementation for selected projects with major business impact. The teams strict focus is on delivering projects on time, quality, and budget, as well as also meeting stakeholder demand and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- You will be involved and gain interesting insights in current strategic projects addressing latest changes in market environment driven by global dynamics as well as regulatory, political, and competitive forces
- You will execute administrative and organizational tasks such as organising meetings, workshops and management of mailbox and calendar
- You will support the project management in preparation of presentations, status reporting, communication and decision documents for various boards and committees
- You will assist to maintain project tracking tools including milestone plan, work product list and action items
- Furthermore, you will prepare research documents and analysis on derivatives ecosystem, competition, and market dynamics
- You are enrolled during the entire period of activity at a state-recognized university as a regular student and have completed at least two semesters (focus in the finance sector is of advantage). Furthermore, we offer the possibility of an orientation internship, whereby you are currently in a gap-year after your bachelor's or master's degree in the above-mentioned fields of study - in this case, a certificate of enrolment is not required
- You are interested in financial services, well-structured thinking and good in analytical skills
- You have the ability to work independently with attention to details and as part of a team in an international environment
- You are focused on delivery and getting things done, with good organizational talent and communication skills
- You have very good knowledge in MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- You are proficient in written and spoken English, ideally also in German
Start date: 01/10/2023
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.