Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Tax Administration (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Services S.A.
With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custody. Additionally, Clearstream provides services for investment funds, collateral management and securities lending.
Your area of work
Joining a dynamic, international team of dedicated and experienced people, you will be responsible for processing, providing prompt, accurate tax guidance on all our tax services, regimes and practises to assist Clearstream customers on all tax matters related to income payments. Following international market practices and working in collaboration with withholding agents, various tax authorities and operational teams, your role is also to ensure that customers receive the proper answer in due time.
- Support the entire tax process from certification acceptance to tax instruction processing, payment reception and reconciliation
- Process payments and reporting to tax authorities when Clearstream acts as withholding agent (US QI,France, Germany, Italy, Iceland, Bulgaria, Slovakia)
- Work intensively throughout the market collecting, understanding and relaying the latest local fiscal information directly from source
- Provide regular, efficient contact with the tax authorities. Ensure that our clients have reliable support and the most updated tax market information
- Build internal and external relationships with suppliers, customers and tax authorities
- Provide quality customer care, being thoroughly committed to every question and issue our clients may face with their tax certification process and reclaims
- Comply with the effective KYC, Control and internal procedures
- Execute work assignment in due time
- Support a team attitude rather than individualism
- Escalate and report issues to Management
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree programme with a recognized institution and can provide an internship agreement
- A basic understanding of financial markets and instruments is desirable
- Competent handling of MS Office applications
- Accuracy, flexibility, excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Customer focused
- Ability to cope with deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a constant changing environment and situation
- Demonstrate initiative and look to continuously improve
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required
Starting date: 1st May 2023
Duration: full-time contract
We look forward to receiving your CV and Cover Letter in English !
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.