Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Intern - Tax Product (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Services S.A.
With more than €14 trillion in assets under custody, Clearstream is one of the world’s largest settlement and custody firms for domestic and international securities. Clearstream ensures that cash and securities are promptly and effectively traded between market participants and that its customers are always notified of the rights and obligations attached to the securities they keep under its custody. Additionally, Clearstream provides services for investment funds, collateral management and securities lending.
Field of activity
The Tax Product Management Team is in charge of the tax product segment, manages the associated product strategy, product roadmap and P&L. This extends from enhancing (and increasing the profitability of) existing products to developing brand-new offerings.
The main tasks include:
- Build products from existing ideas and develop new ideas based on our experience, our market vision and our contact with customers and prospects.
- Work with Customers & Markets to identify our clients' needs and understand their expectations.
- Consult with Global Securities Financing and Investment Funds Services where relevant to ensure a global product vision and a coherent suite of products and services.
- Work with Tax Intelligence and external advisors to clarify local market requirements.
- Work with Operations to help designing efficient processing flows.
- Work with IT to clarify business requirements and discuss delivery options as well as associated costs.
- Work with Pricing & Account Planning to propose profitable and attractive revenue models.
- Work with Network Management to manage suppliers' performance and control the external product cost base.
- Liaise with Market Policy, Risk Management, Compliance and Internal Audit where necessary.
- Work with Business Communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Provide support to the team on the different topics and projects we are working on (Spanish Financial Transaction Tax, Greece Sales Tax, Tax workflow project etc…)
- Be responsible for internal reporting activities (weekly reporting, maintenance of working list…)
- Be responsible for internal processes regarding contract management, publication, documentation submission to various committees
- Webinar / meeting / seminar preparation and participation
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree programme focusing on Finance, Business or Economics with a recognized institution and can provide an internship agreement, OR have graduated with a Bachelor's degree or similar for no more than 6 months
- High level knowledge of securities taxation and financial markets
- High level of proactivity
- At ease when discussing requirements with IT and Operations
- Flexible and open minded
- Good knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency in another language, such as French or German is an advantage.
Start Date: 01 March/April 2021
Duration: 6 months, full-time
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.