Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Tax Project Assistant (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
As a central securities depository (CSD) headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Clearstream Banking AG operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for German securities.
Your area of work:
European Custody Products (ECP) – Asset Servicing (AS) Product Development is responsible for the definition and (further) development of all products and services for Clearstream Banking.
This means the division is actively involved in planning/implementing Clearstream future systems, procedures as well standards inside the organization. ECP is also actively involved in developing new industry standards.
Within Tax Product Unit you will directly assist the product management in international, highly visible projects coordinated from Eschborn Head Quarters. In addition, ECP/ AS Product Development is in intensive contact with customers, associations, reference data providers, trading venues, as well as various DBAG internal departments.
In an international and dynamic team, you will be able to gather valuable experiences and to combine the theory of the university with practical knowledge. You will be actively involved in the processes through diverse and interesting tasks. In addition, we plan your learning and collaboration actively as well as you will be integrated as regular team member.
- You participate and support the Product/ Project Management Office regarding managing, planning and reporting project activitie and Consolidation of project documentation and synergy effects
- You can independently handle organizational and content related tasks
- You support the creation of PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, market analysis, and other planning and steering instruments
- You handle and manage clients’ requests under supervision
- You support Market Member Readiness and Internal Readiness activities
- In addition to these exciting tasks, you will gain insights in the wider area of post-trading apart from tax e.g., settlement, custody.
- During the entire period of work, you are enrolled in a state-recognized university as a regular student on economics, law, informatics, mathematics or business studies. Furthermore, we offer the possibility of an orientation internship, whereby you are currently in a gap-year after your bachelor's or master's degree in the above-mentioned fields of study - in this case, an enrolment is not required
- A German Berufsausbuldung or similar experience is highly preferred but not a must
- You have already gained first practical experience in the context of analysis preparation, PowerPoint presentations (e.g. experience abroad, internships) and in the capital markets area
- You are interested in Financial and Capital Markets
- You have hands-on approach and solution-oriented thinking
- You have good communication and teamworking skills; you quickly find your way into the team. Your affinity for numbers and creative thinking help you to quickly familiarize yourself with new topics and gain responsibilities
- You are fluent in written and spoken English/ German. Another language is an asset.
Start Date: 15/10/2022
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.