Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Intern - Venture Portfolio Management and Strategy / M&A (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
As an intern (f/m/d) you have the opportunity to get to know two departments, Venture Portfolio Management and Group Strategy / M&A, and thus get insights into exciting areas within our company. The idea of the program is to spend three months in each department. You will gain valuable experiences in dynamic teams and combine theoretical aspects you have learned in university with practical approaches. Through varied, interesting and especially demanding tasks you will actively be involved in the processes.
- As an intern - Group Strategy / M&A (f/m/d) - you will assist the team with the methodological instruments for strategy management of the Deutsche Boerse Group and will actively be involved in the support and implementation of M&A projects. As the competence center for Corporate Finance, the Group Strategy / M&A team is available to the central decision-making bodies of the Deutsche Boerse Group.
- As an intern - Corporate Venture Capital (f/m/d) - you will support the Corporate Venture Capital department (DB1 Ventures) in all aspects of the venture investment process. The team of DB1 Ventures supports the startup- & scaleup portfolio and a majority of minority investments of the entire Deutsche Boerse Group. We act as a dedicated, long-term strategic partner and investor for early- and growth-stage companies that fit or are closely related to the Group’s strategy.
Within the Group Strategy / M&A department, your responsibilities will generally include the following:
- You will support the financial modeling and evaluation of potential transaction partners by making use of value- and price-oriented evaluation methods.
- You will gain interesting insights into ongoing M&A transactions by preparing decision-making documents for the Executive Board of the Deutsche Boerse Group and its subsidiaries.
- In addition, you will support the team in the implementation of strategic projects, especially in the analysis and creation of presentations.
- Besides these exciting tasks, you can expect many insights from the analyses of various stock market and financial issues (for the CEO area).
Within the Venture Portfolio Management department, your responsibilities will generally include the following:
- You will research and evaluate the Group’s relevant growth markets in detail and examine them for attractive investment opportunities.
- You will be involved in ongoing transactions, analyze and evaluate potential investment targets and assists in the preparation of investment proposals / presentations for the senior management of Deutsche Boerse Group.
- You will support the team in carrying out specific tasks as part of the due diligence process.
- You will support portfolio management and gain valuable insights into ongoing investments and company development, working with a team of professionals from across the group.
- In addition, you will analyze and maintain the venture-pipeline and deal-flow-database as well as all operational documentation.
- Throughout your entire duration of employment, you are enrolled as a regular student at a state-recognized university (majoring in economics) and have completed at least four semesters or you already have a bachelor’s or master’s degree that is not older than 6 months. Furthermore, we offer the possibility of an orientation internship, whereby you are currently in a gap-year after your bachelor's or master's degree in the above-mentioned fields of study - in this case, a certificate of enrolment is not required.
- Ideally, you have already gained some first experiences in Corporate Finance / M&A / Strategy Consultancy / Venture Capital or in a start-up.
- You have interest and basic knowledge in the field of financial analysis and business valuation.
- You are a team player and from communicative nature. Moreover, you are an independent worker and have great analytical skills that help you to quickly familiarize yourself with new topics.
- You have a high degree of organizational talent and can work in small teams in a structured, independent and result-oriented manner.
- You have proficient knowledge of MS-Office applications (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
- You are fluent in spoken and written English (knowledge of German is an advantage).
Start date: 15/10/2022
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at each other and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidate with the suitable position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
Our hybrid work model
Personal exchange and the collaborative atmosphere at our offices are an important part of our corporate culture. At the same time, we offer our employees the flexibility to work remotely several days per week in line with business needs and local regulation.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.