Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Intern / Working Student - System Control (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Cash Markets Operations runs one of the largest European equity trading venues – Xetra – as well as special niche market, designed for retail investors – Börse Frankfurt and further foreign exchanges on the T7 trading architecture. We are in continuous contact with more than 150 trading participants, such as investment banks and ensure smooth operations as well as a high availability of our markets, including in special situations like IPOs and technical emergencies. We, therefore, ensure orderly trading and are always available for our clients via the helpdesk.
As an Intern / Working Student - System Control (f/m/d), you are in the heart of the global capital markets and actively support our teams in the following areas.
- You will support our team in the day to day business within different areas such as: financial instruments setup and delisting, processing of corporate news, market control as well as Emergency handling, in order to ensure error-free operations of the different trading venues.
- You can complete small research- and software-projects independently in order to develop innovative solutions.
- You will help with coordinating team-internal optimization actions, focusing on continuous improvement through process-streamlining, digitalization and automation, based on the fundamental principles of high quality and efficient operations (lean, six sigma). This includes the introduction of specific Operations 4.0 megatrends (e.g. scaling through API-compatibility, modular & analytical charged platforms, AI).
- In addition to these excited tasks you will gain Insights in the financial market and contribute to a strong, international team.
- You are enrolled at an officially recognized university during the whole time of activity
(Study focus in the field of informatics, mathematics, physics, digital business, digital transformation or other relevant fields) .
- You are interested in capital markets and have an affinity to modern technologies.
- You can independently and quickly familiarize yourself with new topics.
- You have very good MS-Office skills (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- You are fluent English and at least good & improving in German language.
Start date: 15/08/2021
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.