Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Internal Auditor (f/m/d)
Clearstream Banking S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Clearstream Banking S.A.
As an international central securities depository (ICSD) headquartered in Luxembourg, Clearstream Banking S.A. operates the post-trading business – i.e. issuance, settlement and custody – for the Eurobond market and services for securities from over 55 domestic markets worldwide.
Field of activity
The mission of Internal Audit is to enhance and protect organisational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight.
Internal Audit is a permanent function that, as the third line of defence, delivers independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the company’s operations. It helps the company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Internal Audit also provides an independent, objective and critical review of the first two lines of defence.
- Performing audits as part of a risk-oriented audit plan covering all aspects of Clearstream’s activities
- Participate in, and lead small teams performing audit field work e.g. interviewing, testing of controls, reviewing of documentation
- Draft audit findings and recommendations
- Continuously follow-up to ensure implementation and closure of audit recommendations
- Support ongoing quality improvements of audit processes
- Represent Internal Audit at functional meetings
- Support line management or projects and provide audit related consultancy in the proposal for and implementation of adequate internal controls
- Contributes to the further enhancements of the internal audit process
- Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor as part of a 17 persons team based in Luxembourg
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Law or similar
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience in internal and/or external auditing in a big four company or similar
- Audit certifications are welcome
- Very good knowledge of the financial sector is a must
- Knowledge of custody and settlement business, processes and systems is an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Diplomatic but with the necessary tenacity to complete the task
- Excellent analytical skills as well as a high level of assertiveness
- Self-motivated with an independent and focused approach to work, simultaneously geared toward team success
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, French and /or German language skills will be an asset
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.