Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Internal Auditor (f/m/d)
CFC S.A. (CFCL) • Luxembourg
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
The mission of Internal Audit is to enhance and protect organisational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight.
Internal Audit is a permanent function that, as the third line of defence, delivers independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the company’s operations. It helps the company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Internal Audit also provides an independent, objective and critical review of the first two lines of defence.
- Performing audits as part of a risk-oriented audit plan covering all aspects of Clearstream Fund Centre’s activities as well as other Clearstream and DBG entities
- Participate in or lead small teams performing audit preparation and fieldwork (e.g. interviewing, work program definition, audit engagement team allocation control testing, documentation review), within established targets and deadlines while maintaining high quality standards
- Appropriately document audit work in line with requirements
- Identify control weaknesses and improvement opportunities by assessing evidence and using independent judgment
- Draft audit findings and recommendations
- Continuous follow-up to ensure implementation and closure of audit recommendations
- Represent Internal Audit at functional meetings
- Support line management or projects and provide audit-related consultancy in the proposal for and implementation of adequate internal controls
- Support ongoing quality improvements in audit processes
- Report to the Chief Internal Auditor as part of a 7-person team based in Luxembourg and Cork, Ireland
- Support the planning and structuring of Clearstream and DBG audit areas and their risk assessment.
- Effectively communicate results of audit work via written reports and/or verbal presentations to Internal Audit management or responsible line management in the audited units. Maintain professionalism in all discussions and email exchanges. Develop pragmatic approaches to resolve differences in opinion.
- Comply with all Internal Audit related requirements e.g. regulatory and organisational, professional standards (including the code of ethics) and the DBG Internal Audit methodology/handbook.
- Build and maintain good professional relationships with Clearstream and DBG Internal Audit colleagues, as well as other Clearstream and DBG stakeholders.
- Build up and maintain knowledge of applicable laws, regulatory and internal requirements that could have a significant impact upon operations. Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional education to ensure continuous proficiency level. Share information gained with colleagues. Actively develop a comprehensive understanding of processes, risks, objectives, consequences and mitigation controls for the governance and business processes under review.
- Provide or assist in providing training, coaching and guidance to all internal audit colleagues in the conduct of audits and other audit related matters (e.g. assisting the audit manager in the development of improved audit methodologies and tools -including automated).
- Approximately 5-10% travel required.
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Law or similar
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in internal and/or external auditing in a big four company or similar
- Very good knowledge of the financial sector is a must
- Knowledge of custody and settlement business, processes and systems is an advantage
- Experience in data analytics an advantage.
- Project management experience an advantage.
- Professional certifications e.g. CIA, CRMA, FRM, CPA or CAMS preferable
- Strong communication skills
- Diplomatic but with the necessary tenacity to complete the task
- Excellent analytical skills as well as a high level of assertiveness
- Self-motivated with an independent and focused approach to work, simultaneously geared toward team success
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative, organizational talent, ability to work under pressure (including multi-tasking), assertiveness, stature and confidence to interact with different levels of management.
- Interact fairly and objectively with others.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English a must; French and /or German language skills will be an asset
- University degree in finance, business administration or other advanced degree
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.