Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
Internal Auditor (f/m/d)
EUREX Clearing AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
The Internal Auditor’s primary purpose is to provide independent objective assurance and consulting services in order to add value and improve the organisation’s operations
assist the DBG entities in accomplishing its objectives using a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
assist in developing a culture of risk awareness and effective controls throughout the organization.
This position approximately requires 5-10% travel. The Internal Auditor reports to the Internal Audit Eurex Clearing AG.
- Comply with all Internal Audit related requirements, whether regulatory and organisational ones, with professional standards including ethical ones, and with the Internal Audit Handbook including attachments
- Build up and maintain knowledge of applicable laws, regulatory, and internal requirements that could have a significant impact upon operations
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional education to ensure continuous proficiency level, and share information gained with colleagues. Actively develop a comprehensive understanding of processes, risks, objectives, consequences and mitigation controls for the business processes under review
- Demonstrate professionalism by consistently meeting/exceeding the established targets and deadlines while maintaining high quality standards or otherwise by obtaining approval for revision after having timely identifying and communicating potential resource/timing issues
- Demonstrate team spirit and effective collaboration with all members appointed in one specific mission and more generally provide or assist in providing training, coaching and guidance to all internal audit colleagues in the conduct of audits and other audit related matters (e.g. assisting the audit manager in the development of improved audit methodologies and tools -including automated ones-)
- Prepare and execute audits, aiming at evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls by identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analysing evidence, using independent judgment concerning the areas under review. Document properly all audit issues identified or assurance given, providing a first level quality assurance on the work completed
- Effectively communicate results of audit work via written reports and/or oral presentations and maintain professionalism in all discussions and mail exchanges. Follow up on the adequacy of corrective actions implemented to resolve control issues raised
- Support line management and provide consultancy in the proposal for and implementation of adequate internal controls
- The Internal Auditor has the authority to access all records, personnel and properties determined relevant to the performance of assigned audits
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration, IT or other advanced degree a plus ▪ professional certifications such as CPA, CIA or CISA preferable
- Experience in internal/external audit or conversant in risk management, security, control and assurance techniques / knowledge of the financial industry, and ideally familiarity with DBG business processes
- Maintain strong interpersonal relationship with team and executive management as well as interacting fair and objective with others
- Confidence to interact with management with the ability to demonstrate objectivity, integrity, independence and drive
- Ability to make recommendations in the face of complexity, conflicting pressures and ambiguous circumstances as well as strong negotiation skills
- Presenting information logically, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- English language skills are essential, German a plus
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.