Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Investment Manager - Group Venture Portfolio Management (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Who we are
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
Group Venture Portfolio Management is responsible for the management of the DB1 Venture Investments. DB1 Ventures’ strategy is to be an engaged, long-term strategic partner and provider of capital to early to growth stage companies, which are core or adjacent to DBG’s strategy and generate meaningful financial returns. As a Group Venture Portfolio employee you will support the investment lifecycle of (potential) portfolio companies and their management. You will also be (together with the team) in close contact with the decision-makers of Deutsche Börse Group.
- Take on an active role in the management of venture transactions across the complete investment lifecycle, including the coordination of all project stages and stakeholders involved
- Prepare and present investment decision documents for the Investment Committee, Group Executive Board and the senior executive management of Deutsche Börse Group
- Responsible for the preparation/validation of business plans (both qualitative and quantitative results) as well as company valuations for both organic and inorganic growth initiatives
- Provide support on ongoing corporate finance or restructuring projects, working with a team of functional experts from across the company (project management skills are a plus)
- Develop and maintain relationships with portfolio companies, company founders, and market influencers
- Provide active support to our portfolio of investments, and when necessary, participate in board meetings of portfolio companies
- Proactively source and identify potential investment opportunities for the Group
- Participate in all aspects of due diligence processes and the preparation of transaction documents
- Support post-transaction monitoring and business plan achievement of portfolio companies
- Master’s degree in economics, preferably in corporate finance/investment management
- Minimum of 3 years of professional working experience, including 2 years of hands-on transactional experience working at a top tier firm within the venture capital/investment banking/private equity/corporate venture capital/M&A sectors
- Prior experience in an entrepreneurial role is a definite plus
- First knowledge of DBAG's current portfolio of shareholdings
- Deep understanding of and interest in the financial and technology markets is strongly desirable
- Highly committed, intrinsically motivated / driven by intellectual curiosity and strong conceptual skills in strategic management
- Team-player with good communication skills and flexible
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (knowledge of German is an advantage)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
We take care of your culinary well-being. With our meal allowance you can choose from a variety of dishes in our staff restaurant or get your breakfast or snacks in the bistro for that extra boost of energy in between. Drinks such as tea, coffee, water and juice are available free of charge.
We top up your pension! You will be registered at BVV, to which we pay a monthly pension allowance for you. Furthermore, you have the option to pay an additional part of your salary to increase the amount of your future pension payment.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.