Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
IT Application Security Engineer
Clearstream Global Securities Services Ltd. • Cork
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
The Investment Funds Service (IFS) IT department builds, maintains and operates a portfolio of applications which provide Clearstream clients state of the art solutions to standardise processing and to increase efficiency and safety in the investment funds sector. Our global funds processing platform Vestima allows for reaching all types of funds, from mutual funds to ETFs and hedge funds.
- As part of the IT Engineering Unit acting in the domains of architecture, infrastructure and information security, you will report to the IFS IT Security Lead and take responsibilities in a broad range of application security engineering activities covering the entire IFS IT landscape. Your assignments will include:
- Analysing and documenting the security of 20+ applications according to the criteria defined by the corporate Information Security department. Your expertise typically ranges from operating systems to Web applications, and includes third-party software and public Cloud services.
- Identifying the information security impacts caused by business and technical projects, based on the projects’ requirements and architecture
- Performing and documenting the information security risk assessment of the applications along the ISO/IEC 2700x controls
- Managing the open information security risks and vulnerabilities for the IFS IT landscape; accurately maintaining the corresponding risk and vulnerability registries; ensuring mitigating measures are properly assigned, implemented and delivered in due time
- Defining application penetration test scope, scenarii and following-up on execution; analysing penetration test finding reports
- Analysing the information security risks and vulnerabilities; designing, documenting and promoting innovative solutions at application level to mitigate them; analysing relevant third-party patches; analysing and implementing for specific information security projects (e.g. SIEM onboarding, Privileged Access Management…)
- Closely interacting with IT development, infrastructure, operation and project management teams as well as with third-party vendors to collect information/communicate on technical security topics
- Going hands-on with the IFS IT systems to extract necessary security design information when it is not readily available
- Managing the relation with the Corporate Information Security Department, adequately interacting with their expert resources
- Answering to information security enquiries coming from customers, Corporate Information Security, or internal/external auditors
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in IT
- Very good technical writing skills; ability to clearly describe complex concepts
- Good communication skills with the ability to justify and challenge security design decisions
- Sound experience with critical multi-tier Web application security design as architect, security engineer or full-stack application designer
- Solid background understanding of base information security concepts such as encryption, authentication, access control, digital signature, data integrity…
- Practical experience with the following technologies: Web server, Git, TLS and public-key cryptography, Linux and Windows OS, at least one major Public Cloud Service Provider (Azure, AWS, Google), Shell scripting, RDBMS, Messaging middleware
- Ability to digest various abstract requirements in the field of security, and map them to practical situations
- At least basic software development skills in a modern object-oriented programming language
- Proficiency in written and spoken English; French and German language skills are not required but an asset
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 2700x standard
- Experience with enterprise application software development, esp. using Java and .net
- Experience with identity management/federation/SSO platforms, esp. SAML2 and OpenID Connect
- Experience with containers – ideally using RedHat OpenShift
- Experience with the specific security challenges posed by Internet-facing Web applications
Company Culture Cork
Our PEOPLE, our focus on RESULTS and Our Commitment to Our CUSTOMERS and COMMUNITY drives our success. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to understand and apply these four key elements [the building blocks] that shape our culture at Clearstream Cork - People, Customers, Results and Community.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.