Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
IT Application Support Engineer (f/m/d)
Deutsche Boerse Systems, Inc. • Chicago
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
As a member of our team in Chicago, you will primarily ensure the high system availability of one of the world’s largest international exchange organisation and innovative market infrastructure provider. You will join as part of multinational team located in Chicago and Frankfurt. As a “Linux Application Support Engineer” you will be responsible for administration and monitoring of mission-critical applications. As such your tasks will involve developing solutions and scripts for our proprietary systems.
The advertised position comes with a substantial benefits package including professional trainings and opportunity for international travel.
- Operation and monitoring of Deutsche Börse Groups trading, clearing and risk systems. A special focus is the operation for Nodal exchange located in Chicago.
- Daily end-of-day tasks including batch processing of our Linux driven trading systems
- Backup management of databases (Postgres, MySQL) & applications including tape storage (HPE)
- Active participation in the incident and problem management process using CRM (SAP) system.
- Scripting (Bash, Python) for customers report distribution and in-house monitoring applications.
- Troubleshoot trading systems production incidents with focus on escalation and resolution in timely manner.
- Take part in a shift-work rotation including some weekend work.
- Interface with Market Supervision, Technical Account management, application support teams and various management teams around the globe.
- Successful completion of training for operations procedures of Deutsche Börse’ trading and clearing systems. This includes training at the headquarter in Germany (assuming travelling allowed after COVID-19).
- Familiarity with applications running on Linux server environments and with focus on automation of tasks
- Script (Bash and Python) development experience.
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraint.
- Excellent analytical skills in the areas of incident management and problem-solving.
- Interest in navigating a complex and demanding system landscape.
- Experience with IT monitoring concepts and customization for local requirements
- Self-motivated, curios with desire to continually learn and grow in production support function.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize production incidents.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.