Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
IT DevOps Engineer - Indices & Data (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Branch Prague • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
The Deutsche Börse Group Data product and Index Services Operations function enables the business to digitize and navigate financial markets with increased agility and insight.
By extracting and deploying the right information at the right time, data is transformed into value – data is the new gold.
To illustrate, our global customers will rely upon and directly experience this value via the German DAX, Euro STOXX indices and 20 thousand other Indexes, which allow for informed and precise financial market decisions to be made on a consistent daily basis.
You will have the opportunity to become a member of a very dynamic and progressive build and run team within the Group Data and Index Services Operations division.
- Resolve critical Production environment incidents with robust solutions, thereby ensuring optimum service levels are maintained for our customers.
- Develop technical solutions to automate all business processes where possible within your field of expertise, using cutting edge software tools and utilities in order to achieve this end, thereby ensuring a stable Production environment.
- Coordinate, contribute, and help to drive new projects and initiatives, proposing and delivering solutions for troublesome issues, and ensuring the production of high quality detailed documentation along the full length of the project lifecycle.
- Analyse and provide recommendations on the course of action for technical issues and problems of a high profile nature within the Production environment, and of a long-standing or intricate nature.
- Monitor Production environment applications, tune and optimize for enhanced performance, and ensure effective integration with third party software products.
- Plan for the integration and subsequent support of both third party software and internally developed applications end to end across the environment stack – Development, Test, Simulation, and Production.
- Provide an on-call support function for the team, on a 1 in 8 week routine, and with 24/5 coverage.
- When and where required, plan and optimise the execution of essential Production environment weekend work.
(It will be advantageous to have prior experience and expertise in several of the fields and technologies mentioned below)
- DevOps toolchains or decent familiarity with (Docker, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Git, VisualStudio, Jira, UC4)
- Cloud administration and build-outs (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Coding and scripting (PowerShell, Python, Bash)
- Exposure to Production environment operations and software development lifecycles
- Database Administration (Microsoft SQL, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Microsoft Windows Server environments (numerous versions)
- Linux Server environments (RHEL)
- Web Server administration (IIS, Apache)
- Security protocols and certificate management (TLS, SSL)
- Network monitoring/management
- Ability to produce detailed, accurate, high and low level, technical documentation
- Related professional and academic certifications, achievements, awards
- Responsive, organised, curious, proactive, self-starter
- The ability to work in a team with a customer service oriented persona
- Fluency in both written and spoken English, with additional languages an asset (German & French)
You should be a curious and proactive self-starter, willing to take on challenges and to embrace transformation.
You will have a desire to foster and develop an innovative environment, by working with agile applications and data centric development initiatives within both on-premise and cloud environments.
You would be encouraged to evaluate and where possible to propose new business processes – for instance, the evaluation of current application deployment and management processes – and to demonstrate new technological advancements and how they may be of benefit to the company, particularly within the currently developing fields of ML and AI.
Within our Group Data and Index Services Operations team we like to drive with a start-up mentality, promoting a diverse and sustainable culture that ennobles and empowers individuals, allowing everyone to play a significant role within the decision making process, and thus to ultimately provide for both individual and collective responsibility in the reshaping, continuous improvement, and effective delivery, of our present and future product offerings.
In a highly regulated financial environment, it is most necessary that you will need to demonstrate a patient, observant, and responsible character, and that you would be looking to keep unnecessary risk to a bare minimum where possible.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.