Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
IT Engineer - Kafka (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o. • Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work:
We are looking for a Kafka Engineer interested in building engaging and insightful products for managing large scale distributed real-time data streams. As Kafka Engineer, you will be responsible for creating/managing Kafka clusters in a high available and secured environment.
- Setup and maintenance of High available Kafka clusters for all the different environments (from development to production) – running on OpenShift Clusters on-premise as well as in the Cloud (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure).
- Design, development, test and implement the Kafka as a Service offering to support the different development team
- Design/documentation/knowledge transfer on GitOps operating models for the Kafka infrastructure
- Support and investigation of Kafka infrastructure/security/application setup issues in all environments (dev/test/prod)
- Design/development/deployment of automated solutions on the Kubernetes/OpenShift platform
- You have successfully completed your university degree in computer science or have relevant work experience related to IT container technology
- You should have created topics, brokers, producers, consumers in a multi node cluster either with Apache Kafka or Confluent Kafka
- You should have used Schema registry, KSQL, Kafka Streams and Kafka REST
- Kubernetes background (ArgoCD, Tekton, Helm, Terraform, Service Mesh, Openshift knowledge are a plus)
- Linux/ Bash scripting, Basic Network background, SSL/TLS certificate management
- Collaboration through version control software (GitHub is a plus)
- At least one Cloud provider (Azure, GCP, AWS) background
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Independent work method, high commitment to delivery, high self-responsibility & ownership, communication and analytical capabilities
- Willingness to learn, open for new technologies and new IT trends
- Ability to work in a multi-national team in multi-disciplinary team
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Campus Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.
Send e-mail E-Mail copied! Copy E-Mail?
Our Recruiting Team is looking forward to your call or e-mail.