Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
IT Operations Engineer
Clearstream Global Securities Services Ltd. • Cork
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Your area of work
We are looking for a dedicated IT Operations Engineer to join our IFS IT centre in Cork and help us to support the IFS functional and technical test cycles (from Integration Test till the implementation in Production) of our Post Trade systems. Our requirements in terms of complex functionality, high reliability and availability will thoroughly challenge your testing skills and provide opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Installation of application software in test environment
- Monitor applications and automate deployment
- Support development and testers in issues investigation
- Log and follow-up technical issues and liaise with Development and Infrastructure Departments
- Support production people during roll-out in Production
- Provide clear, regular and consistent reporting to other members of the team
- Identify process improvements, tasks automation, testing tools development
- University degree, BAC+2/3 in an IT related discipline or equivalent through relevant work experience
- Experience in LINUX environments is required
- Good knowledge of Oracle, SQL, shell scripting or Perl
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following tools is a plus: GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
- Good knowledge of Windows operating system (start/stop/monitor of services, powershell, administration)
- Experience with cloud technology (MS Azure) is a plus
- The following interpersonal skills are essential:
- Excellent team spirit and communication skills
- Highly committed to challenging deadlines, curious and motivated
- Use initiative to resolve problems, willingness to learn
- Solution oriented, able to set priorities and deliver under periods of higher stress
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English is essential
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a growing company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues and teams across over 50 locations from more than 100 nations.
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. We want to achieve this common goal with performance, reliability, integrity, openness and responsibility. Mutual respect and appreciation are of particular importance. Our values shape our culture and behaviour – both within our organisation and externally.
Our employees work in great teams that drive positive change – and therefore they enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Your well-being is important to us! We provide you with a comprehensive healthcare scheme that covers you and your civil partner and/or dependants. It gives you access to public and prive hospitals as well as a great cover for everyday medical expenses.
Top up your pension! We pay you an annual pension contribution which is meant to build up additional retirement savings for you.