Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
IT Renaissance person in Operations & Engineering (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies for security, transparency and integrity on the markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations.
Frankfurt am Main
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
What we actually do:
In this position you will be a pivotal part of the multi-disciplinary team that makes sure that Deutsche Börse’s T7 trading system continues to be at the forefront of electronic spot and derivatives exchange solutions. We have a proven track record of providing a highly reliable as well as very latency and jitter optimized solution for Deutsche Börse’s end-users in trading houses, brokers, and banks.
To not only stay at this level, but continuously improve the capabilities of the solution we constantly work on all aspects of the system design. This starts with the selection of the right hardware (servers, network, storage…), continues with tuning of the infrastructure and the operating system (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) but also includes performance optimization of our own T7 software, which is developed by our colleagues at Deutsche Börse.
What we expect of you:
To thrive in this role, you will need a broad understanding of a wide variety of IT infrastructure topics. Beginning with data center topics like “Servers are getting hotter and hotter…”, an overview of trends in server hardware ranging from CPUs, memory, NICs, to storage and how to configure a server with this setup. You should enjoy getting under the hood and disassemble and rebuild a server in our lab to test things as needed. Due to both security and performance considerations our servers are connection machines, i.e. they have a multitude of physical network interfaces in different technologies. Therefore ethernet, RoCE, VLANs, CIDR notation, switching and routing should be familiar to you. Our applications use UDP and multicast extensively, which can make hunting for problems interesting. Storage luckily is not our biggest challenge, but you should understand the differences between local and network provided storage, and when to deploy one or the other. Furthermore, you should work closely with the application development team to understand the needs and design of the application.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Setup bleeding-edge hardware in our own T7 lab
- Bring new hardware to life including its documentation (e.g. internal Wiki, asset management system)
- Resolve configuration issues together with infrastructure, network, data center and application operations teams.
- Support introduction or changes related to hardware or configurations throughout the week and weekends.
- Handle sometimes more experimental and non-trivial topics or issues in a rather complex setup.
- Evaluation of new technologies for future replacement of infrastructures and support the ordering process with our vendors.
- Prepare and execute technology refresh every few years for all our T7 trading environments
You should possess and demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Hands-on experience in system engineering in Linux environments – esp. Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience and knowledge in network topics
- Ability and willingness to learn about application specific topics (e.g. architecture, communication types like multicast)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring/logging/alerting tools (e.g., telegraf, influxdb, Grafana, checkmk)
- Cohesive and clear active communication skills
- Self-Motivated Team-Player, and fluent in written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of German language (minimum B1) and willingness to improve skills
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.