Join our international team that drives positive change, united by a spirit of openness and curiosity. We empower you to have an impact and to grow – personally and professionally. With us, you work at the heart of financial systems and evolve the way markets operate. We’re excited about the future because we are the ones shaping it. Let´s do this together by sharing value!
IT Service Manager / Application Support Specialist - Energy IT (f/m/d)
Deutsche Börse AG • Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Learn. Develop. Grow. But always: Share value
Who we are
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Frankfurt am Main, Prague
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Field of activity
For our Product Organization "M7 Trading Solutions" we are looking for a dedicated IT Service Manager & Application Support Specialist to join our Operations team, an integral part of our Products’ SaaS ecosystem.
In Energy IT we design, build, delivery and operate solutions for electronic commodities marketplaces. The tradable instruments made available through our platforms range from Power Spot instruments (tradable 24/7) to commodity futures and OTC cleared derivatives.
As a member of our Operations team, you will be working closely with our application development teams to monitor and maintain our productive services, support coordination of change and release management, coordinate the incident management and the restoration of failed services, qualify and address customer bug reports or information requests from your expertise of the products’ functionality. You will be expected to proactively address or report capacity, performance or other concerns from your observation of service metrics & KPI’s to Product teams. You will be expected to drive our post-mortem evaluations forward to ensure issues are effectively resolved and continuous improvement is done to further enhance service quality and reliability. You will be key part of our SaaS ecosystem, helping to bridge the gap between productive services and customer facing operations and the agile software development lifecycle.
Ideal candidates should have strong technical aptitude in the area of IT Operations, understand the software development lifecycle, and have communication and coordination skills that allow them to work effectively in a direct customer-facing role.
- Monitoring and addressing availability, performance and overall system health
- Plan & coordinate delivery of software artifacts (deployments) and configuration changes to test and productive environments.
- Troubleshooting and resolving reported incidents and problems, coordinating escalations to subject matter experts & implementing their solution proposals
- Improvement and further automation of operational processes
- Close alignment with product owner and developers to ensure feedback from production systems is addressed in product development
- Support administration and maintenance of Internal devops/collab. tools
- SLA/KPI tracking, evaluation and reporting to stakeholders
- Emergency response (‘pager duty’) on a shift rotation basis for services outside of business hours (approx. 1 week shift per month)
- Relevant experience in IT Operations, Software Development or similar field
- University degree majoring in Computer Sciences or similar qualification (optional, beneficial)
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills mandatory
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills and a desire to learn
- Ability to analyze problems from system data (via Linux/command line utilities, SQL, analyzing functionality from technical and functional specifications, etc.)
- Experience automating operational activities with scripting languages or automation tools (Bash/Python/Groovy, Ansible/Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with devops monitoring tool-chains (Elastic, Alerta, Grafana, OpsGenie, CheckMK etc.) (optional, beneficial)
- Self-organized individual with a structured working method
- Knowledge of trading systems or financial markets (optional, beneficial)
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.