Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
IT System Engineer - Linux (f/m/d)
Clearstream Services S.A. • Luxembourg
Who we are
Your career at Deutsche Börse Group
Corporate IT of Deutsche Börse Group is in charge for end user workplace experience, voice & communication, application development and operations for all group processes such as Financial Core, Customer Care, Control & Corporate Processes, as well as Deutsche Börse Group’s Reference Data Platform. We also develop and operate our Enterprise Analytics and Digital Boardroom which are the core of sharing and measuring our group’s success.
Our mission is simple – Make IT Run!
We are passionate in running our existing IT landscape and exploring every day what makes DBG as a company, and thus all of our colleagues, run better – simplify and automate processes, use modern technology and devices, and make collaboration fun. We are driven by user experience, performance, stable operations, and a high degree of Information Security and Compliance.
As part of the system engineering team within Linux Infrastructure Operations, your responsibilities will be the operation and development of the Corporate IT system landscape – physical and virtual, on premise and in the cloud.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated individual who will help us maintain operational stability, optimize automation and who is eager to help us move forward in adapting to new technology, approaches and methodologies (e.g. DevOps, SRE).
- Daily operation of Linux/Unix servers including troubleshooting of server issues
- Maintenance of the monitoring system
- Installation of Linux/Unix Operating System on physical and virtual servers, on-prem and in cloud.
- System management (upgrading, patching and tuning), capacity and performance management. Installation and upgrade of third-party products
- Configuration and support of Veritas Volume Manager (disk group management, snapshots functionality, file systems creation/grow/shrink/removal, etc.) and Veritas Cluster Server (custom agents, resource dependencies and criticality, network setup, monitoring, etc.)
- Maintain and ensure high-availability on server or application level (through clustering or stand-by hosts)
- Operation includes shifts and on-call duty distributed among the team (an average of 2 shifts or on-call duty per month might be expected)
- 3+ years of experience in System Administration in a highly critical environment
- Expertise in Red Hat Linux 7/8. (Satellite, installation, system monitoring and maintenance, backup and recovery, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience with deployment and operation of cloud resources (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Proficiency in automation of installation and deployment (RedHat Satellite, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, Open Shift …)
- Expertise in Veritas Volume Manager, Cluster Server, Monitoring tools, DB administration, Network, windows administration is a plus
- Understanding and practical experience of ITIL framework
- Willingness to take over responsibility and self-motivate
- Willingness to gain expertise on new technologies
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. German is an advantage
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment which makes our employees both feel at ease and reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
Careers with a future
Whether you are an apprentice, a trainee, a young or experienced professional – with us your career is off to a good start that holds many different paths to develop and reach the next level. Your professional future is in your hands – as a manager, expert or project manager. You can count on our support as well as further education and training measures.
Diversity & Inclusion
We embrace diversity. As the cornerstone of our success, your contribution counts – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual preference and identity.
Exciting, cutting-edge projects
“Boredom” is a concept unknown to us. With us you are part of a company that is shaping the future and where you can make a difference and actively participate – by supporting companies and start-ups going public, developing trading technologies or designing the cloud infrastructure for a highly regulated environment.
We at Deutsche Börse create trust in the markets of today and tomorrow. Our collaborative efforts are defined by integrity, responsibility and transparency as well as by mutual respect and appreciation, both within our organisation and externally.
Our market infrastructures are connected globally: whether in Singapore, London, Chicago, Luxembourg or Dubai – working with us means collaborating with colleagues and teams across 40 locations from more than 100 nations
Security and growth
Our company is experiencing healthy growth, not least due to our diversified business model. As a globally active exchange organiser, we provide market participants with consistently safe infrastructures that stimulate growth along the entire value chain. For you this means: a secure and promising workplace!
Our employees work in great teams and therefore enjoy working with us. This is reflected in our annual employee surveys. No matter how great the challenges posed by the markets might be – we support each other, work together closely to successfully complete projects and face change with a positive, collaborative approach.
We offer a work environment, in which professional and private life can interact individually. Flexible working time models, allowance for childcare, working remotely, studying alongside your job or part-time models – we give you the opportunity to adapt your job to your life situation.